May 17, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

C5 on PTSD in Disaster Management and Prepping

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
cernunnos5
(@cernunnos5)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Well, here we go folks. Before I start my Season II at DGM SRC, I wanted to come back here. In this post I told people I had promised to talk about this subject for several years...but I just could not do it.

It was here at IPN...that I learned how to observe and communicate with other preppers.... and here I said I would talk about Post Traumatic Stress Disorder...and how it relates to the prepper "movement"

While writing this blog post, I kept thinking "I owe IPN" to come back and share this post. My most vulnerable post. My most valuable post...to new preppers....and more importantly, old preppers. Its not an easy subject to talk about. Someone had to do it. That task fell to me.

Way too dramatic an introduction... but you will get why when You read further.

https://darkgreenmountainsurvivalresearchcentre.wordpress.com/2018/02/20/c5-on-ptsd-in-disaster-management-and-prepping/

I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

(@wabsey11)
Eminent Member

It was, is, a harsh post to read. You can feel the pain in it. A subject that's not spoken of often. It's a little bit of insight for what my father went through, and in some ways still going through. Rwanda would do that to you though.

I hope anyone going through PTSD gets to see it. I hope my friend John who's in the Army, three tours in Afghanistan. Gets to see it. He's the only other person I've heard with the dark rattle in his chest when the thoughts come around from over their.

Anyway thank you for sharing and thank you to Mrs C5 for helping you through it.
P.S. She does look like Sarah Conner in that photo.

Take care and have a blast down south.

Don't Agonize, Organize.

ReplyQuote
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

Every person who is exposed to trauma, will be affected by it in some way. Many of us don't even realize how it affects our lives, or what to do about it. There is no cure from its affects; it's a life sentence. We can't unsee, or unhear, unfeel our experiences. They are with us forever. All we can do is deal with it in our own way. This is far easier if we have someone we trust to walk the path.

It seems that you have that someone. You've been able to talk about it, which is an incredible accomplishment!

I wish you peace of mind. The nightmare will never be gone. It will however become more manageable. Wishing you a positive future. Thank you for your service...

None you improvise, one (or more) is luxury.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network