April 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Xmas Present to Me- Shameless Self Promotion

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
cernunnos5
(@cernunnos5)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I've had a wonderful Xmas present this year. We finally found the right, first couple that will be moving onto our property in the spring. Our prepping community has begun. We have two more coming within the week for a stay to decide whether they want to join as well. It feels like a large weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

We had started by building a small M.A.G. (Mutual Assistance Group) but that was a warm up for the main goal. Building a working community...Here.

After 4 plus years of Shameless Self Promotion, thousands of posts, talking to a few hundred people...and having my heart broken by most, meetups, interviews, a few mini meltdowns and almost developing an eversion to typing...I gave up. I was spent on this project. Even my team members were starting to tell me "No one is coming" in a move on, stop hurting yourself, sort of way.

Within the month of me giving up...the right people showed up.

You can read about it here from Rachel's perspective http://www.permies.com/t/52451/great-white-north/preppers-meet-homesteaders-beginning-community

So, how can I refuse one more Shameless Self Promotion... while continuing to reach out to the more rational of the prepper community.

I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

Adagio
(@adagio)
Reputable Member

Glad for you C5. Never ever give up.

ReplyQuote
oldschool
(@oldschool)
Noble Member

wow good for you 🙂

ReplyQuote
cernunnos5
(@cernunnos5)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Thanks everyone. I'll change the title soon to "Lessons in prepper community building" or some such for once it goes into the archives. This has been one of the hardest things I have ever done. Surviving PTSD was harder but this is a close second or third. Pulling this off has been emotionally rough... But if that is what it takes, that's what it takes. I got a chuckle reading the first few chapters of 'Creating a Life together'. One thing they said was, Don't tell people how hard it is because if they knew they wouldn't try. Yup

Someone asked "How many people are you trying to find". I replied, " all of this effort is to find just one. Once I find just one it will be easier to find two. Once you find two...it's proven and the less adventurous wont be spooked.

Leadership is over rated. This is a Must Watch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW8amMCVAJQ

I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

ReplyQuote
(@villager)
Reputable Member

Good stuff man,.... yup, the creative process always wants to follow the Fibonacci sequence . Gotta go with that flow, even though others may want to be convinced by arbitrary structures inherited from proven dysfunctionalities.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network