May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

London Area Meeting

108 Posts
26 Users
0 Reactions
14 K Views
(@underprepared)
Estimable Member

I know the Arby's is easy to get to if you're in a car, but I sure wouldn't want to walk from the corner of Wellington and Exeter Road to get there. The traffic is heavy, and the weather unpredicable. There are so many other places to meet in the area that wouldn't inconvenience those driving in cars that I think other options could be explored. Here are two:
Sarbucks Coffee: 1037 Wellington Road
The Hustler Billiards: 1116 Dearness Drive
I'm sure other people have ideas as well. Maybe Livingpower has some ideas of her own?

ReplyQuote
(@walrus)

you can sign out rooms at the public library

Stephen

canadawalrus@gmail.com

"Wisdom not shared, is wisdom wasted"

ReplyQuote
(@livingpower)
Reputable Member

I agree underprepared. That is not a walk I would like to make, unless I was bugging out LOL. There are plenty of locations around the Whiteoaks Mall that would work fine and a Starbucks would be very welcome 😉 Downtown would certainly be more convenient for me, but I realize that is not as good for people who are driving, so I am happy to go up around Whiteoaks. Hopefully in a couple of months I will have a vehicle, then it won't be an issue 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@justin-k)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Meeting set for Sunday 6 October 2013 @ 13:30 location Arby's
Topics for discussion will be orgainization and communications.

I have read the previous posts and understand the difficulties, but if this is important to you then you will find a way to get to the meeting. If you are not at the meeting that is fine, we all have busy lives and have to prioritize time, money, family, self, but is that not what this all comes down to. You get out of life, what you put into it. So if you want to be prepared you are going to have to sacrifice something, time, money, ect. We buy stuff which is great but you have to put in the time to learn new skills, practice what we should know, and prepare both physically and mentally for what may or may not come.

Adapt improvise overcome, each problem is just a solution waiting to be discovered.

Meeting Sunday 6 October 2013 @ 13:30. Arby's Wellington rd south of 401 hope to see you there

Reply or pm if you plan to attend

thanks
Justin

ReplyQuote
Grouchyprepper
(@grouchyprepper)
Estimable Member

I be there 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@bandit86)
Estimable Member

I'm out of town that and weekend after

Want to see the future, past or the unknown? Learn to be psychic. Ask me how!
A good time to invest in spf3000 if you live on the NK penninsula.
Oh November 17, how I fear thee...

ReplyQuote
(@livingpower)
Reputable Member

Meeting set for Sunday 6 October 2013 @ 13:30 location Arby's
Topics for discussion will be orgainization and communications.

I have read the previous posts and understand the difficulties, but if this is important to you then you will find a way to get to the meeting. If you are not at the meeting that is fine, we all have busy lives and have to prioritize time, money, family, self, but is that not what this all comes down to. You get out of life, what you put into it. So if you want to be prepared you are going to have to sacrifice something, time, money, ect. We buy stuff which is great but you have to put in the time to learn new skills, practice what we should know, and prepare both physically and mentally for what may or may not come.

Adapt improvise overcome, each problem is just a solution waiting to be discovered.

Meeting Sunday 6 October 2013 @ 13:30. Arby's Wellington rd south of 401 hope to see you there

Reply or pm if you plan to attend

thanks
Justin

I now have a vehicle, so barring anything unforeseen, I should be able to make it. I also agree that you have to put into life and preparedness what you expect to get out of it and you need to make sacrifices to be prepared. However, in my opinion I do not think adjusting a meeting location to the other side of the highway because it might be difficult to get to for some people is much of a sacrifice for those who have vehicles. Would I walk across the 401 in October if I was in a survival situation? You bet! Would I walk across the 401 for a meeting when others can come a little closer into town? Maybe not. I would offer up alternative suggestions if I was still without a car, but as I think I was the only one without a vehicle, it likely isn't an issue anymore. If there is anyone that has difficulty making it to the location south of the 401, then let us know and perhaps we can come up with an alternative that is still close to the highway and easily accessible to both those in and out of town.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

ReplyQuote
(@underprepared)
Estimable Member

Might be a tough weekend for me. I think we're winterizing the trailer that weekend. If I'm able, I'll be there. If anyone needs a ride, post below and let us know. If I'm going I'll gladly pick up people and bring along.

ReplyQuote
(@mule-skinner)
Estimable Member

That weekend looks good to me
As of now I will be there
Mule

We live in a society of wolves ,
We can't fight back by creating more sheep

ReplyQuote
(@justin-k)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Bump reminder

ReplyQuote
(@livingpower)
Reputable Member

I think I can still make it today. How will I know who I'm looking for when I get there? After all, we're good at blending in, right? 😎

ReplyQuote
(@justin-k)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

There is a solarium at the front we usually meet there, you will know who we are. Blending in could be a topic at our next meeting.

See you there

ReplyQuote
(@livingpower)
Reputable Member

Nice to meet you all today!

ReplyQuote
Grouchyprepper
(@grouchyprepper)
Estimable Member

looking forward to seeing you all again.
I learn more every meet up.

ReplyQuote
Grouchyprepper
(@grouchyprepper)
Estimable Member

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 8
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network