May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

London Area Meeting

108 Posts
26 Users
0 Reactions
13.9 K Views
(@justin-k)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Yes that is the radio we were discussing

ReplyQuote
Grouchyprepper
(@grouchyprepper)
Estimable Member

ordering 2 tonight.
2 to 3 weeks will try experiment we discussed .
will have one at my place, one lent out in London, if group member still wants to participate plus one even farther west .
at next meeting we can organize time and date for experiment.

hope it works

ReplyQuote
(@livingpower)
Reputable Member

I'm still in. Plan on buying one or two next month, but I can do the experiment when you get yours in.

ReplyQuote
(@underprepared)
Estimable Member

I have one already. I can join in the test if you want.

ReplyQuote
(@oxfordian)
Eminent Member

Hey.. if the meeting on Oct 21 is still planned I may attempt to make an appearance.. I'll be coming from Woodstock but its only a short run down the 401.

PS- If you guys figure out the actual range of those radios, please post it as I'm thinking about getting a couple myself and would be interested in knowing the true distance..

Also, if possible can you guys see how they are when used from opposite sides of a large forested area... My Bugout location is very hilly and deep in the bush and have been trying to find an affordable set of 2-way Ham radios that work well dense bush..

ReplyQuote
(@mikemcg)
Trusted Member

those radios are cheaper than I thought. bookmarked the listing for later

ReplyQuote
(@walrus)

I have ordered 10 of these radios with ear pieces and AA battery packs and sealed them individually in there own faraday bag. that way i am guaranteed good communications for a few miles around us

Stephen

canadawalrus@gmail.com

"Wisdom not shared, is wisdom wasted"

ReplyQuote
Grouchyprepper
(@grouchyprepper)
Estimable Member

A few of us are getting together Nov 3 at 1:30 at Arbys in London south of the 401.
Topic will be ham radio's and communication and what ever else that comes up 😎 .
Bring your radios and show us what you have all learned.

ReplyQuote
(@livingpower)
Reputable Member

A few of us are getting together Nov 3 at 1:30 at Arbys in London south of the 401.
Topic will be ham radio's and communication and what ever else that comes up 😎 .
Bring your radios and show us what you have all learned.

Looks like I won't be able to make it on Sunday. Major car trouble and it probably won't be on the road by then. Let me know how it works out.

ReplyQuote
(@bandit86)
Estimable Member

Did you guys get a chance to try these radios, what's the range of them? I have a portable cb radio and it blows chunks I need something long range

Want to see the future, past or the unknown? Learn to be psychic. Ask me how!
A good time to invest in spf3000 if you live on the NK penninsula.
Oh November 17, how I fear thee...

ReplyQuote
(@paratus80)

Hello,

My name is Rick. My wife and I just moved to London from Alberta. I have Canadian Army Infantry experience and have always been an avid hunter/outdoorsman. We are fairly new to survivalism and prepping but have studied avidly and began purchasing the necessaries. Of course it is always a work in progress but we are now at the point we would like to meet like-minded individuals here in London. Please let me know if there are any meetings in the near future.

Regards,

Rick F
"Paratus"

ReplyQuote
(@livingpower)
Reputable Member

How did it go with the radios? Did you get to use them and what was the range? Are we looking at a meeting in the New year?

ReplyQuote
Grouchyprepper
(@grouchyprepper)
Estimable Member

Radios where shown and discussed , if anyone tried out the range on them ,no one is talking.
Seems no one is a ham at this time. Presently looking at finding a program or club to join if I have time.
Next meet up can be anytime, just pick a topic, date and time and people show up.

ReplyQuote
(@paratus80)

Hello out there Muleskinner.

I got your PM but for whatever reason this forum will not allow me to answer back.

It sounds like we both have a lot in common. Please email me at paratus80 at gmail.com and we can get in touch.

And if any of you other guys want to correspond and get a meet-up going in February in London please feel free to email me as well.

Rick F.
PARATUS

(email address edited by mod to save you from some spam - after three posts to make sure you are a real human being your messaging system unlocks)

ReplyQuote
(@livingpower)
Reputable Member

Hey all! I was thinking of organizing a get-together for later on in February. How about Sunday, February 23rd. Say 1:00 pm. Does everyone want to keep it at the Arby's on Wellington south of the 401. It's fine with me. Topic suggestions are welcome. Possibilities that I have some knowledge on are nutrition, gardening, foraging for wild food. Would like to learn more about making solar ovens, staying warm in the winter when living in the city (this is one of my biggest concerns), bugging out when you don't have a BOL, hunting (particularly box hunting), and I am sure there are more.

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 8
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network