May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

London Area Meeting

108 Posts
26 Users
0 Reactions
13.9 K Views
(@livingpower)
Reputable Member

So are we all into having a meeting at the end of this month? I suggest June 1. May 25 is also an option, but June 1 is better for me. Not sure of a topic for discussion, so throw out some ideas folks!

ReplyQuote
(@mule-skinner)
Estimable Member

Yes that is the radio we were discussing

Hello Londoners
Justin I have just purchased a set of Motorola Talkabout MH series radios
Am I required to licecence with fcc as theses as they are GMRS
It is mentioned in the directions but I am wondering if this is an American rule
Any help would be great

We live in a society of wolves ,
We can't fight back by creating more sheep

ReplyQuote
(@underprepared)
Estimable Member

June 1st is the date, the time is 1:00 pm, the location is the Arby's on Wellington just south of the 401.
No topics defined as yet, but I'm sure we'll think of something. Don't know yet if I can come, but I'm working on it.
Mule Skinner - please refrain from replying off-topic in this thread. Please post your radio needs and questions in the communication category.

ReplyQuote
Grouchyprepper
(@grouchyprepper)
Estimable Member

Was at Arby's at 1, place was very busy.
Unless you had a flag that said meeting on it I could not see anyone.
We have to move the meetings to a more non public place , much to busy there in the summer ,IMHO.
Maybe a park with a gazebo would work?

ReplyQuote
(@livingpower)
Reputable Member

Meeting this Sunday in London! Due to comments/suggestions from a coupe of local members, we are going to move the meeting to a less crowded location. It will be at Gibbons Park in London, this Sunday, July 27 at 1:00 pm. Meet at the pavilion (unless it is otherwise occupied, in which case near the pavilion). Use the parking lot off Victoria St. I will be there 15 minutes ahead of the meeting time with my blue bike, which should be fairly obvious, and I have short blonde hair. If anyone has any real problem with the location, then we can discuss an alternative. Sound good? It would also be good to have an idea of who is able to come so we have an idea of how many we are expecting.

ReplyQuote
(@mule-skinner)
Estimable Member

Sounds like a good run for me
No idea where that park is though
I don't live in the city any directions from hwy 7 or 401 would be great
Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@bandit86)
Estimable Member

Come down highway 4, turns into Richmond, 3 streets past Huron street (big plaza on left with a Timms on corner, wendys and shoppers across road)
Victoria street is 3 streets past Huron. Turn right, Looks like the parking lot is at very end

Want to see the future, past or the unknown? Learn to be psychic. Ask me how!
A good time to invest in spf3000 if you live on the NK penninsula.
Oh November 17, how I fear thee...

ReplyQuote
(@livingpower)
Reputable Member

Thanks

Wow, the 7 and 401 are at opposite ends of the city! It's easiest to come from the 7. You want to get on the 4 south, which as Bandit86 said becomes Richmond St. You will pass the Masonville Mall area and follow Richmond south until you pass the university. You will then pass Huron St. and Regent St. before you hit Victoria St (I think there is another minor street between Regent and Victoria, but it won't have traffic lights). Do NOT look for a Tims, Wendy's, or Shopppers at Huron as Bandit said because they are at the corner of Huron and Adelaide, not Huron and Richmond. Once you hit Victoria St. turn right and at the end you will find the parking lot.

ReplyQuote
(@bandit86)
Estimable Member

Thanks

Wow, the 7 and 401 are at opposite ends of the city! It's easiest to come from the 7. You want to get on the 4 south, which as Bandit86 said becomes Richmond St. You will pass the Masonville Mall area and follow Richmond south until you pass the university. You will then pass Huron St. and Regent St. before you hit Victoria St (I think there is another minor street between Regent and Victoria, but it won't have traffic lights). Do NOT look for a Tims, Wendy's, or Shopppers at Huron as Bandit said because they are at the corner of Huron and Adelaide, not Huron and Richmond. Once you hit Victoria St. turn right and at the end you will find the parking lot.

That's what I meant, Tim's and Wendy's etc at Huron street, the 3 more streets

Want to see the future, past or the unknown? Learn to be psychic. Ask me how!
A good time to invest in spf3000 if you live on the NK penninsula.
Oh November 17, how I fear thee...

ReplyQuote
(@livingpower)
Reputable Member

Thanks

That's what I meant, Tim's and Wendy's etc at Huron street, the 3 more streets

Yes, but if he is coming down the no. 4 which becomes Richmond St., then he won't be anywhere near the Tims, Wendy's, or Shoppers. They are on Adelaide at Huron. He'll just come straight down Richmond, past the university and the second set of lights past Huron St. is Victoria. Turn right there and follow it to the end.

ReplyQuote
(@mule-skinner)
Estimable Member

Sounds good Richmond is one of my two usual routes to the city
I should find it OK
Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@livingpower)
Reputable Member

Heads up that we are forecast to have severe thunderstorms tomorrow, which might make meeting in the park interesting. Should we consider moving to an indoor venue or stick with the gazebo in the park and hope it keeps us dry?

ReplyQuote
(@livingpower)
Reputable Member

Looks like the vote is to stick with the original plan of meeting at the park. Looking forward to seeing you all there!

ReplyQuote
(@justin-k)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

How about a get together @ Arbys 30 November @ 1pm
before the snow gets too deep

ReplyQuote
Grouchyprepper
(@grouchyprepper)
Estimable Member

I can make it.

ReplyQuote