June 15, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

SHTF Health Care

31 Posts
11 Users
0 Reactions
(@whisperz)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

One Of my concerns of SHTF is health care, but then i got thinking about it and short of a traumatic injury or serious infection things could possibly be a little better then people think. What would happen to the human body if we removed sugar, caffeine, tobacco, processed food, and all the chemicals fed to us, and had regular daily exercise from light manual work.

I think we might be surprised in how many chronic illnesses and diseases disappear ex. high blood pressure, diabetes, etc
What do you think?

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

In the case of the bigger picture you may be correct. Sadly we will also lose so much that we take for granted. One of the major ones would be immunizations. Tetanus was and still is a huge risk easly managed with the injection you get usually every 8 - 10 years or so. As well procedures and situations that we take for granted now would be virtually impossible for the majority to fix or treat in any way. Tonsillitis, abscesses leading to systemic infection and dehaydration are a few that will lead to a fatal outcome. I agree that the human body will be healthier due to loss of highly processed foods, as well as the toxic junk we "enjoy". We will however not have the resources and interventions to treat so many things that we take for granted now. Thoughts?

ReplyQuote
(@whisperz)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Very True, My point better stated πŸ™‚

ReplyQuote
(@shovlhd)

I think you're definately on to something.
My wife and I talked about this a lot too.
Although the new healthy lifestyle would be great! People would still have to deal with pre-existing health issues.
Example.
I've had heart burn issues for years. I have altered my diet and tried multiple natural remedies. The only thing that works so far is a perscription.
I am a truck driver and smoked 2 packs a day for 20 yrs. I was finally able to quit smoking this last spring but no doubt there has to be damage that I will pay for in the years to come.
I don't know, just some things to consider
But I think you're right.
Any time we can cut out the crap that we as humans are ingesting and exposing ourselves to, like processed foods, chemicles, environment etc.the better.
There would no doubt be health benefits seen right away.
Did you know that if you feed a dog a raw food diet, their teeth stay white without brushing and there is no bad breath? (Not to mention lean body and lots of energy).
The natural diet takes care of the acids in their mouth virtually eliminating early tooth decay and bad breath.
I can't help but think about the benefits that an honestly healthy diet and lifestyle would or could have on the human body
Thanks
Shovlhd

ReplyQuote
(@remington870)
Trusted Member

However, this is why we are preppers. Understand your medical problems, research natural ways to help. Perhaps not as effective as pharmacy grade but, there are hundreds of things to learn about natural medicine.
What you will find is that without all the ani-biotics in our diets, our immune systems will get stronger.

Learn first aid, wilderness first aid, there are many things we can do to prepare.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Completely agree with you remington870

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

ReplyQuote
susannah755
(@susannah755)
Noble Member

Hesperian Health guides are very useful. (on the IPN - link below)
http://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=1016

Russell Coight....outback legend

ReplyQuote
(@holistic-chick)

Since I'm a holistic nutritionist I can safely vouch for the benefits of eating healthy whole foods. They have everything you need to need have to be sick. No cancer, no heart diseases, artherosclerosis, diabetes, obesity, headaches, colds, flues and thousands of other illnesses. Western civilization has created a scenario with so many processed, refined, pasteurized foods unfoods, that we need big pharmas drugs. not to heal our bodies, but to fix symptoms, while bypassing the actual problem that causes the disease. Meaning that you will always have to be dependent on drugs because the root cause of the sickness will always be there. Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food-hippocrates Truer words have never been spoken! Medicine is a hoax, creating billions and billions of dollars in profit. There is no profit in whole foods unless they are genetically modified, and when they are modified, the correct ration of nutrients are messed up and do no good. Also, modifying the foods removes most of the phytonutients which is a plants ability to heal itself which we benefit completely from when we consume that food.. Take that away, and take away boosting our own immune system. There are so many things the doctors don't tell us, because they don't even know themselves, because when they are in med school they are taught about medicine. Even mental illness is completely about nutrient deficiencies! Pre Industrial days people would get a 1:1 ratio of omega 3-omega 6. Which is how we need it! But here and now we get a 1:20 even 1:30 ration of 3 and 6.. This messes up our brain chemistry! Not to mention what it does to the hear and vascular system! We put so much crap into our bodies, and our liver is so busy trying to keep up with detoxing everything we choose to ingest that it becomes overloaded and can't even begin working on things that we cannot control, like pollution, smog, peoples perfumes etc. Then we get cancer, heart disease etc! So, eat the good foods, get rid of the crap, and your body should be able to beautifully handle all the other daily assaults that are not in our control! In China 3000 years ago, a doctor was considered incompetent if a patient showed any symptoms of anything!!!! Chinese medicine, holistics etc is no hoax! There may not be much profit in it, but food is from earth and should be all of ours, and not be allowed to be changed by man who thinks they know better then nature. Food for thought.. Monsanto (one of the most evil companies who create and patent GM seeds) do not feed their families or employees any food that comes from their seeds! You on the other hand can find them at a Walmart near you!! But you will never know, cause Monsanto is fighting tooth and nail for the right to not have to label their foods!

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

holistic chick said..."Since I'm a holistic nutritionist I can safely vouch for the benefits of eating healthy whole foods. They have everything you need to need have to be sick. No cancer, no heart diseases, artherosclerosis, diabetes, obesity, headaches, colds, flues and thousands of other illnesses. " No disrespect intended but... these diseases all existed well before man ever began to process foods as we know it today. I will grant you that modern food greatly increases the prevalence of disease and that a more natural diet will improve your health. I do however think it is illogical and somewhat simplistic to say that you will have no disease. Just my 2 cents worth.

ReplyQuote
(@tazweiss)
Honorable Member

Oh c'mon JAB. Everybody knows that natural is bad for you, just ask the folks at Monsanto. 😈

Those who are unwilling to defend freedom, will become unfree.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

LMAO... Nice tazz.... very nice......

ReplyQuote
(@holistic-chick)

JustABear. have you looked at the stats?? Did you actually see what the major causes of death were pre industrial revelution days? Heart attacks, cancer, diabetes were virtually unheard of! lol more like TB, plagues, whooping cough etc.. anything that got you got you from the outside coming in, not much got you from the inside! lol I can send you links!

ReplyQuote
ranger2012
(@ranger2012)
Noble Member

Whoa, whoa, Tabernach. For one thing, people did die of cancer back then (pre-200 years ago) but autopsies weren’t done because you would be considered a witch or what ever. Well maybe later, but all considering, the people were superstitious and ignorant about what went on in the human body. The church kept people that way for a long time.

---"Ring around the Rosie"--refers to a red mark, supposedly the first sign of the plague
---"A pocket full of posies"-- refers to sachets of herbs carried to ward off infection
---"Ashes, ashes" --either a reference to the cremation of plague victims or to the words said in the funeral Mass..."Ashes to ashes, dust to dust." Sometimes line three is rendered as "Atischoo, atischoo"--sneezing, another sign of infection.
---"We all fall down." -- The Plague was not selective in its victims; both rich and poor, young and old, succumbed.

People during often killed the rats to control the plague, not knowing that it was the rats fleas that carried the plague, and when the rat died, it would jump off to find another meal, people. They passed on the plague to others. Ignorance killed more, than anything else, oh yes and why people would not WASH, was to create a barrier against germs…dead, dead, dead.

"We 'Prep.' to live after a downfall, Not just to survive."

ReplyQuote
(@holistic-chick)

well, whatever, wild animals dont get cancer, or heart disease or diabetes, they eat the foods their bodies are meant to eat. Domestic animals do, cause they eat the garbage humans feeds them. Then we eat those animals. Our foods are sprayed, modified and we eat those. Plain and simple. Not here to argue with anyone. If you need by pass surgery in 3 months, i can make it so that your arteries will be plaque free before they open you up and your surgeon will say WTF??. I'm not a stupid woman, I didn't join this site to be judged, nor did I come here to judge. I like helping people, and if I ever became a millionaire, my money would go not on vacations, mansions, pedi's , mani's , fancy cars and nonsense, it would go to help people. I know what I know, i do not for a second believe that Big PhArma is on our side and wants us healthy and all diseases cured, where would that leave them then??. I do not beleive in run for the cure, and jump for the heart, or MS society, and I have great reasons for not having an ounce of faith. My opinion, my business..So if I just make suggestion that eating McDonalds is not in ones best benefit, and eating healthy nutritious organic food is in their best interest I don't need expect or need people jumping on my back. I didn't think this place had those kind of people here. Obviously I know about the "ring around the rosie" song. Have since I was 6. Who doesn't. And Sure, there was a bit of cancer here and there, there was a bit of osteoperosis here and there, and there was plenty of malnutrition. Cancer, Heart disease, diabetes were virtually non existant. I know what I'm talking about, I havent graduated yet, but will in less then 1 year. So, if this is the place where people just pick apart peoples opinions and try to make them feel stupid and inadequate, then obviously I'm in the wrong place. I thought this was a great site for people to share ideas and not live like sheep and believe that everything is nice and well and stable and secure on this planet. Big Pharma, Big Oil, Big Agri (namely monsanto) are bad bad corporations profiting on people and animals misery. Thats my opinion, so now I will wait to see who else feels the need to pick apart my values and opinions...Then I will just bug out of here, cause I don't need to be judged. If thats what I wanted I'd still be reading and writing comments on yahoo waiting for the trolls to flap their nay say's! lol The warm welcomes were great and appreciative and I thought this site was the cat's ass with my kind of people finally, but it's not worth my knowledge being picked apart. Atleast I know, myself and my kids will NEVER get cancer or heart disease or any of those things that aren't necessary heck, we don't even get colds for crying out loud cause we are loaded with vit. c and all the other beneficial nutrients every day, and since our livers aren't over burdened trying to detoxify crap we willingly put in our bodies, they are in tip top form fighting this nasty smog in Ontario today and all the other assaults and insults that we can't control! Car wrecks and accidents, well, nothing I can do to prevent those!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network