May 16, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

What have you added to your preps this week?

1,377 Posts
161 Users
0 Likes
190.2 K Views
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

...I went and tried a few other containers I have in some of my other bags etc and sure enough, some are showing signs of being unable to ignite. Sooooo, what have I added to my supplies this week will be one of refreshing all my matches!

Hey Clarence,

Match heads are affected by being exposed to air. Try coating the tips in wax. This prevents air being exposed to the matchhead entirely and adds an extra layer of waterproofing. Moreover, it provides extra safety when keeping 'strike anywhere' matches together in the same container or pocket.

a thin coat of "clear coat nail polish" works well too.
wax is likely a faster application!?!?!

Used to do the wax treatment in my younger days, but got lazy. Will be opening all my old match containers. The two containers that I found dudes in have been in outdoor temps for 5-10 years now. Curious to see containers stored indoors

ReplyQuote
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

Geese Thanks Wayne,glad you have my six

No problem Buddy, good to go. 🙂

None you improvise, one (or more) is luxury.

ReplyQuote
(@entropy)
Reputable Member

picked me up a ruger precision rifle, 308 and put on a used bushnell LRTS 3-12x44 FFP G3 Mil reticle, a function bipod. i'm new to scopes, always been an iron sight guy, and damn, the glass is better then real life vision. it's like HD stuff. . . lol. it's more scope then i'll likely need, but i got a great deal on it. just need some time at the range now.

adsum. . . aut viam inveniam aut faciam

ReplyQuote
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

I've been spoiled over the years with Night Force optics. But if I were to buy another scope, I'd seriously consider the Bushnell LRTS scope. I've used one and was impressed with the turret system. You've got a nice set-up without spending a fortune.

ReplyQuote
(@entropy)
Reputable Member

I've been spoiled over the years with Night Force optics. But if I were to buy another scope, I'd seriously consider the Bushnell LRTS scope. I've used one and was impressed with the turret system. You've got a nice set-up without spending a fortune.

my biggest fear is when i die my wife sells my rifles for what i told her i paid for them. lol

adsum. . . aut viam inveniam aut faciam

ReplyQuote
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

my biggest fear is when i die my wife sells my rifles for what i told her i paid for them. lol

a fate worse than death... LOL

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

More winter clothing that doubles for hunting. hats, gloves, neck warmers, silicone liquid for waterproofing boots, batteries for scope reticles ( they work just the same, just not lite up without batteries) more rice, 110 &120 traps,

ReplyQuote
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

More winter clothing that doubles for hunting. hats, gloves, neck warmers, silicone liquid for waterproofing boots, batteries for scope reticles ( they work just the same, just not lite up without batteries) more rice, 110 &120 traps,

Hey Clarence, As silicone tends to crack and lose its effectiveness, I'd recommend SNO-SEAL. It's made from beeswax and will seal your footwear perfectly. I found out about it in my mountaineering days, tried it and was sold. I've used it for almost 50 years in every temperature and environment imaginable. It's simply the best...

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Hey Clarence, As silicone tends to crack and lose its effectiveness, I'd recommend SNO-SEAL. It's made from beeswax and will seal your footwear perfectly. I found out about it in my mountaineering days, tried it and was sold. I've used it for almost 50 years in every temperature and environment imaginable. It's simply the best...

thanks Wayne. when i worked in james bay, i used to use "dubbin" went through boots fast in those days and never had any issues with it sealing up the leather. some said the grease wasn't good for the leather over a long period but i never had to worry about that.
Will try and get some and give it a whirl. beeswax is great stuff

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin

Seeds...ya, you read that right!
Going to try some tobacco next year for pesticide use.
Also ordered sugar beets to experiment with.

ReplyQuote
(@farmgal)
Member Moderator

me too. ordering more seeds this week, I am hunting and digging for very hardy short season seeds, forget 70 to 90 days, I want 55 to 65 days, stuff that I can work around that crazy heat/drought and still get double crops planted

http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

More cooking oils, vinegar, pasta,s
Sadly couldn’t get peppercorns Costco soup mix.but will keep at it when in the area.

I wonder if one should look at seeds for arid and moist locations? With weather swings, it may be a decent bet?

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

It was a half price Monday sale at Value Village. Hit three of the stores and came away with 5 pairs of running shoes at a average cost of 5-6 dollars.

I don't need them, already have enough put away to last me the rest of my life but its hard to let a good deal go by!

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

It was a half price Monday sale at Value Village. Hit three of the stores and came away with 5 pairs of running shoes at a average cost of 5-6 dollars.

running sh.jpg

I don't need them, already have enough put away to last me the rest of my life but its hard to let a good deal go by!

now, if only you could connect them to your battery system, you'll be truly walking on sunshine

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

2 X Molle truck or wall brackets, 8 utility tarps of 9X12 ( for temp repairs of roof...... $3.00 at china tire on black Friday sale), 2 X 45 watt solar panels ($140 total), 3000 Watt inverter, 5 gallons motor oil, 3 gallons of concentrate Prestone, 20 Bic lighters, rice, baking soda, tie down straps for trailer..., more tac bags for designated gear/ batteries, comms and other stuff one wishes to keep together in a quick to access or throw in a large bag type situation. HATE the idea of bugging out but its a must have option. Have vacuum sealed most of the stuff that i would wish to throw in a large ba, this to help with obvious moisture but also to keep things separated in as small a package as possible.
did enough economical damage this past week to last me for hopefully a month.

Seeds that farmgal, denob mention are on my "soon" to do list

PS. also engine carb cleaning fluids, fuel stabilizer, diesel engine oil, a few more small brick sized UPS battery packs to recharge smart devices flashlight batteries etc, mylared more food

ReplyQuote
Page 90 / 92
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network