May 02, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

PEI Visit

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Howdy PEI,

My roadtrip brought me to your fine Island. Never found any "tin hat" wearing preppers wondering along the streets. Joking aside.

Your Island appears to well suited to taking care of itself. Agriculture looks like it is still going strong, same with aquaculture. We saw some fishing boats, so maybe that industry is still surviving.

My only concern for the folks on PEI is a big wave, you folks do not have any highlands.

I enjoyed my time driving on your Island. Howdy to the folks near North Murray Harbour, you were very friendly. Christmas in July what a great idea.

Cheers,

Mountainman.

(@nortie)

PEI is not all it seems I am afraid. The view of the island of those from away is not really what its like to live here. Farming is on the decline and the demise of the family far is well under progression. The fishing industry has been on a steady decline for the last 10 years or so. Even tourism that was once the number one industry on PEI has declined rapidly and is slowly dieing out. As far as Prepping goes, most here are blind to prepping and the various reasons why. I for one will not be here when SHTF and will prefer the security of some out of the way spot on the mainland.

PEI Prepper
Founding Member of the PEI Preppers Network
“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.”
Benjamin Franklin

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Nortie,

Nice to hear from you.

Sorry to hear things are so bleak on the Confederation Island. As an outsider, my observations were made from behind the wheel of our Tahoe as we traveled through. I did not make a big deal of posting while in your area as many of the prepping community on the Island have a network setup on a private Facebook page. I was not there to rock the boat, merely to say Hi to any fellow prepper that had the time.

I truly hope you have a method for early warning, with only two major ways off your Island it could get quite crowded, quite quick. Just my observation, of course. Maybe you could speak in generalities the planning that needs to be done to escape off an island that has so few choices to the mainland????

Look forward to hearing more from you and reading your posts!

Cheers,

Mountainman.

ReplyQuote
(@prepperjp07)

Just wondering if this group still exists on Facebook and if I could be added. I am new to this and would love to get some pointers!
Thanks Jess

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Howdy Jess,

Welcome to our humble little Forum. If you look on the PEI Page there is a message with the FB link. Just a sec, I will see if I can build a link.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/peipreppers/

Mountainman.

PS - I hope that works.

Jess,

Keep posting, you are bound to find some like-minded folks to network with.

Best of luck,

Mountainman.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network