May 16, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Is anyone preventatively taking potassium iodide tablets?

10 Posts
6 Users
0 Reactions
(@dr-beats)
Topic starter  

Just wondering if anyone is taking such pills, at what dosage, what frequency and for what reason. Thanks folks. I figure with all the crap coming over from Fukushima and eventually getting into the food chain, it may not be a bad idea and just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on this...

(@endangeredspecies)
Estimable Member

The shelf life of IOSAT 130 mg tablets is seven years and the shelf life of ThyroSafe 65 mg tablets is six years
good detail to remember

ReplyQuote
(@dr-beats)
Topic starter  

awesome thx

ReplyQuote
(@endangeredspecies)
Estimable Member

long time ago i date a girl from UK she was nuclear engeneer on some nuclear plant and she told me that every day on dinner time they serve one glass of red wine to every employe
i heard similar old story about the russian submarine staff on nuclear ship
it seem that red wine procted a little agaisnt radiation effect
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/3067317/Red-wine-can-protect-against-radiation.html

i think brocoli too , must be verified

ReplyQuote
(@blackraven)
Eminent Member

taking KI tablets preventatively won't have any benefits. It is only useful for certain types of radioactrive isotopes which will occur during reactor meltdown, nukes etc. It is absorbed into thyroid and blocks it from absorbing more. However, I don't think it's a good idea to have those pills all the time. I'd check w/ a doctor before doing it for sure anyway. If you're worried about radiation exposure, get a meter or a dosimeter or some kind and keep track of actual radiation levels around you. For natural sources of iodine, have some seaweed..mmm sushi 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@perfesser)
Prominent Member

For natural sources of iodine, have some seaweed..mmm sushi

It seems that seaweed is either
a) naturally high in radiation or
b) particularly good at accumulating it from the environment
http://agreenroad.blogspot.ca/2013/04/radioactive-seaweed-found-with-40000000.html

Many more recent stories if you search some

ReplyQuote
(@llotek)

Ya i dont think the tablets should be taken regularly to prevent contamination, unless its an immediate threat...as in, if a nuke plant in your area melted down...you would take the tablets when you find out about the meltdown, as you are leaving the area and for a few weeks after you have left the area...as for a regular iodine supplement which is also good for regular health, i take the Nascent Iodine offered by Infowars.com...its great, not too expensive, lasts a long time and can be taken daily...they have 2 versions called Survival Shield and Survival Shield X2...the second being stronger...when i started taking it i did detox quite a bit...noticed i had an oily feeling in my skin and i broke out in zits for a week or so, but after that i had more energy and was fine..just a suggestion..:-)

ReplyQuote
(@llotek)

I have enough doses for me and the wife in the event of a melt down at the reactor that's somewhat close to me. And no you don't take them until there is a melt down. Here's a site to check out. http://preparedness.com/potioddosgui.html

Ya I just wrote the same, then read your post... I agree

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I am a firm believer in the saying "for every action there is always an equal and opposite reaction"!

It doesn't seem to matter what context this is applies to, the results eventually come back as a truth where this saying is applied. You may not see the reasoning of it but with enough study, there is always a payback somehow. So to take a pill that is likely unnecessary seems be begging for a payback that you never needed to confront at all.

For over 50 years, Bayer (the creator of Aspirin) convinced most medical doctors to suggest "an Aspirin a day keeps the doctor away" as a good habit for preventing heart attack. This saying was of course started by Bayer. Finally, just a few years back, Bayer joined in at the very last (to look innocent of course)on a study which showed those taking their daily Aspirin eventually died from liver failure.

Seems even a simple Aspirin eventually has a payback too.

ReplyQuote
(@llotek)

Yes, but our body needs iodine on a regular basis anyhow...though Potassium Iodine is a different form and only for emergencies...The Nascent Iodine I take, is on a daily basis, just a few drops.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network