May 15, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Water Bottle Expiry Dates

25 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
13.1 K Views
(@anitapreciouspearl)
Noble Member

I know when water bottles get frozen in the vehicle in the winter they taste salty when they are melted. I hate the taste of them. Perhaps some of the particles could be plastic but I would guess it is also minerals floating around - similar to what happens when you boil hard water.

Thanks for the tip.

(`'•.¸(`'•.¸ ¸.•'´) ¸.•'´)
*´¨`•.¸¸Anita <>< *.•´¸¸¨`*
(¸.•'´(¸.•'´ `'•.¸)`' •.¸)
¸.•´
( `•.¸
`•.¸ )
¸.•)´
(.•´

Quack, Cluck, Moo, Hee-Haw, Meow and Baaaaaaa from Shalom Engedi Farm
http://adventures-in-country-living.blogspot.com/

ReplyQuote
(@scrounger)
Honorable Member

In a pinch dairy filter or autobody paint filters would work as a primary filter. Good for one off uses when you wouldn't want to contaminate a reusable filter.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

What is a Dairy filter?
do you mean the filter in the big tanks?

ReplyQuote
(@scrounger)
Honorable Member

http://www.tscstores.com/6-12-MILK-FILTERS-P3809.aspx There are also sock filters but I'm thinking these require more then gravity pressure

ReplyQuote
(@georgegedy)

I cant remember where I saw it but someone on one of our forums made a water bottle stand with a liter bottle, pvc pipe and a drinking spout.

Anyone remember where this was?

Thanks, Belinda

ReplyQuote
 ndn
(@ndn)
Trusted Member

anther reason why theirs water bottle expire date is the bottles are not meant to last forever at some point the chemical made up the water bottle may start to leach into the water.

Thank you

NDN

ReplyQuote
 ndn
(@ndn)
Trusted Member

I cant remember where I saw it but someone on one of our forums made a water bottle stand with a liter bottle, pvc pipe and a drinking spout.

Anyone remember where this was?

Thanks, Belinda

ive been thinking about this as well have 3 feet pvc or ABS pipe capped and a spigot on one end ,i dont know witch to use ,so im gana ask the people who work at the hardware store to see witch pipe is for potable use

Thank you

NDN

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

BPA
Most All plastic leaches BPA or worse into product/water. Most Every plastic product you see in the grocery store has BPA in it.
Harvard Medical found BPA is plastic, and in every US tin can. Unhuh. Google it. BPA causes many diseases, cancer, eventually death.
BPA is now banned in many Countries for baby bottles and water bottles. You may see "BPA Free" water bottles. Do not buy them. They lie.
The BPA is indeed gone, but what was it replaced with? Uh huh. BPS. 75% as bad as BPA. No plastic is good. pvc /abs is not good either.
Use glass/pyrex or stainless steel to hold/store water/food. The "soft HDPE or PET bottles of water in cases do not have BPA. They do taste really bad
after about one year, depending on storage place. Mason Jars filled with Zero Filtered Water (or RO), in a dark basement room does much better!

Prepping is also the solution. Grow your own organic food and store/freeze/mason jar your one year needed supply plus extra.
Eat as much local organic fresh as you are able. People do not understand. The "campbell's kids" will die of "unknown causes". Except we know it is BPA.
An entire generation will die before their time. It started about 1960. The more tinned food you ate, the more BPA you consume. (BPA is the clear spray inside the tin can) When products changed to plastic containers (including ALL plastic storage containers - YES, Throw them OUT), this generation will get double the BPA and many will suffer early health issues. It is a man-made plague of Biblical proportion! We must eat certified organic and store in glass/SS. We must get people to understand this. Help them to minimize the BPA and maximize the fresh organic. I will start a BPA topic to add more.

ReplyQuote
(@sandy)

I collect wine bottles and transfer bottled water to them.

ReplyQuote
jkepler
(@jkepler)

I found this to be very helpful re. using plastic containers -
https://extension.usu.edu/archive/which-plastics-are-safe-for-food-storage

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network