May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

God?

85 Posts
24 Users
0 Reactions
(@anitapreciouspearl)
Noble Member

HEY !!!!! Don't leave out the "Doorknobists".... (tongue firmly in cheek) πŸ™‚

Good one! πŸ˜†

(`'β€’.ΒΈ(`'β€’.ΒΈ ΒΈ.β€’'Β΄) ΒΈ.β€’'Β΄)
*´¨`β€’.ΒΈΒΈAnita <>< *.‒´¸¸¨`*
(ΒΈ.β€’'Β΄(ΒΈ.β€’'Β΄ `'β€’.ΒΈ)`' β€’.ΒΈ)
ΒΈ.β€’Β΄
( `β€’.ΒΈ
`β€’.ΒΈ )
ΒΈ.β€’)Β΄
(.β€’Β΄

Quack, Cluck, Moo, Hee-Haw, Meow and Baaaaaaa from Shalom Engedi Farm
http://adventures-in-country-living.blogspot.com/

ReplyQuote
ranger2012
(@ranger2012)
Noble Member

Dont worry, if need to listen to religous dogma, I'll just mention religion to my sister. I loveher but,,,praise the Lord.

"We 'Prep.' to live after a downfall, Not just to survive."

ReplyQuote
wookie
(@wookie)
Reputable Member

Some of you might enjoy this site,

http://www.grandpappy.info/index.htm

Mr Atkins has some very practical prepping insight for Christians and everybody.
He doesn't call it prepping, he calls it preparing for hard times.

ReplyQuote
ranger2012
(@ranger2012)
Noble Member

Same thing, "a rose of a different colour..."

ReplyQuote
(@airraidd)

Hi amf
atheist here as well....but it would be hard for you to tell, what with all the time i seem to spend in my local LDS store and the number of excellent Morman preppers i've subscribed to on youtube πŸ˜†
i know it's a silly thing to worry about and i don't think there's much basis to my worry, but i certainly hope that me and my family aren't excluded from groups or meetings (or post SHTF communities) because of our choice, i mean when you boil it down we do share the same values...
i have come across other boards where people have posted group ads and they were looking for Christians only, so the bias is out there

ReplyQuote
(@traveller)
Reputable Member

Hi amf
atheist here as well....but it would be hard for you to tell, what with all the time i seem to spend in my local LDS store and the number of excellent Mormon preppers I've subscribed to on YouTube πŸ˜†
i know it's a silly thing to worry about and i don't think there's much basis to my worry, but i certainly hope that me and my family aren't excluded from groups or meetings (or post SHTF communities) because of our choice, i mean when you boil it down we do share the same values...
i have come across other boards where people have posted group ads and they were looking for Christians only, so the bias is out there

Any meeting or group that was organized and that I participated in , you would not be excluded because of your beliefs..
The only thing I frown upon with great prejudice is Arrogance..There is no place in a prepper net- work or community for an arrogant individual...
And I would have to say an arrogant individual would not be welcomed in a group that I was apart of...
Prejudice against religion,race and general beliefs has gotten us into this mess we are in today.....
Prejudice and exclusion from all cultures against all cultures is at the root of the worlds problems today....
Just look at how people view us....I believe a few wars have been started by.....Arrogance's and prejudice thoughts and beliefs towards cultures thought to be weeker or less desirable....Not just reflecting on current world events but threw out world history there are blatant examples on all contents....So you are most welcome to any meetings or groups that I am apart of....

Better to have it and not need it; then to need it and not have it...

ReplyQuote
(@anitapreciouspearl)
Noble Member

where's that "like" button when you need it - traveller - I agree πŸ™‚

ΒΈ.β€’Β΄
( `β€’.ΒΈ
`β€’.ΒΈ )
ΒΈ.β€’)Β΄
(.β€’Β΄

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

What a great topic and Thread, I wish it was not in the Alberta Section but in the General section.
Stumbled upon this by click popular topics! Great thoughts everyone.
Q. dumb one.. Doornobist would be what??? people who go door to door? religions?? duh, just having a duh moment.

Christian Background, I now consider myself more spiritual, The God is the same God
we little brained humans can not really wrap our head around what God is anyways so why go to war over simple terms, thoughts and words that are spoken by People?

Whats in a word? The Great Spirit, Jehovah, Lord, Allah, etc, they are only words from Humans, variations of words, variants of words to represent The greater being that is God.
My Grandfather and Grandmother were Ministers, they did the Lords work. One of my favourite quotes that he said all the time was;
Humans are small God is great, does it matter the name of the religion or the name you call God? No, it matters the goodness in your heart, your deeds, your thoughts and actions. Be the best person you can and help others, this is what God Wants. Sounds good to me!

ReplyQuote
 amf
(@amf)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

As much as we all want to get along and love each other etc etc, the fact of the matter is that humans very quickly separate into groups based on "Us vs. Them" no matter who or what defines the group. It was probably necessary for survival throughout human history.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

As much as we all want to get along and love each other etc etc, the fact of the matter is that humans very quickly separate into groups based on "Us vs. Them" no matter who or what defines the group. It was probably necessary for survival throughout human history.

It is called a tribe and yes.. it has been prevalent throughout history.. still is... just now by a different name.

ReplyQuote
ranger2012
(@ranger2012)
Noble Member

My God is better than your God, so lets all go to war in the name of GOD. Aint religion wonderful. 😈

ReplyQuote
(@traveller)
Reputable Member

My God is better than your God, so lets all go to war in the name of GOD. Aint religion wonderful. 😈

Ya Isn't it; My Grandfather came home in 1945, After about a month my Nan asked him if he was coming to service..He said; " If you have seen what I have seen[ " Man do to Man "] you wouldn't go either...
He served in the R.A.F. as a radio operator [ on the ground] his time served was front line communications, from what I understand...

I am an Atheist; but i have never, Nor will ever, have a harsh word for those that chose to believe...It's just not for me.....

I myself have seen some horrifying things in this world, and have a hard time understanding why this God allows it to happen...

I like to read the Bible, but i just dont believe there is one 'o' mighty creator....

just my believes so if i ruffled anyone sry that's who i am...

Better to have it and not need it; then to need it and not have it...

ReplyQuote
(@crashed)
Estimable Member

Q. dumb one.. Doornobist would be what??? people who go door to door? religions?? duh, just having a duh moment.

I do believe a "Doornobist" would be someone who believes that their household Doorknob is the embodiment of their own personal god......I had referred to the doorknob tonque in cheek, but I wont judge if anyone comes forward and applies for tax free status for said religion.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

God?

He controls every breath I take, period. Without Jesus Christ as my Savior, all the knowledge, preparations and Bic lighters can't save me.

If I'm wrong, I have nothing to lose......

ReplyQuote
(@anitapreciouspearl)
Noble Member

God?

He controls every breath I take, period. Without Jesus Christ as my Savior, all the knowledge, preparations and Bic lighters can't save me.

If I'm wrong, I have nothing to lose......

I like how you put that πŸ™‚ ...what he said!

ΒΈ.β€’Β΄
( `β€’.ΒΈ
`β€’.ΒΈ )
ΒΈ.β€’)Β΄
(.β€’Β΄

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 6
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network