May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

God?

85 Posts
24 Users
0 Reactions
 amf
(@amf)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

After spending some time here, I've seen a lot of references to the bible, bible quotes and a few mentions of the apocalypse. Are most people here theists or religious? To what extent does your religion inform your prepping plans?

Perhaps I am the odd one out - I am not religious.

wookie
(@wookie)
Reputable Member

I'm sure we have a real mix of atheists and people of different religions. You are not the odd one out, no one is here.

ReplyQuote
Antsy
(@antsy)
Reputable Member

Another godless heathen here. My Catholic wife loves me anyway πŸ˜‰

Needs must when the devil drives.

ReplyQuote
 amf
(@amf)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

thanks for the responses. πŸ™‚

ReplyQuote
ranger2012
(@ranger2012)
Noble Member

In God, we trust. All others stand in line.

"We 'Prep.' to live after a downfall, Not just to survive."

ReplyQuote
(@lgsbrooks)
Honorable Member

I am not religious..I believe in GOD..I have stopped attending a church and worship at home on the Sabbath and I only recognize the 7 Feasts of the Lord- (Leviticus 23) as yearly celebrations( not New Years, Valentines, Easter, Xmas etc).. ( I also have taken a 2 year bible study program from the University of Virginia/ Liberty University- it is the equivalent of a Bachelors Degree), my husband is a Buddhist...I love him anyway...lol

ReplyQuote
(@regularguy)
Trusted Member

I am not religious, I was raised in a Buddhist religion oriented family and we used to go to the temple whenever we can but our beliefs was our temple is our home. Most of my years growing up it was not forced apon me but Karma was the big thing that my family believed in and always told me to do the right thing or else it will come back and haunt you. Now 13 years later I thought I was atheist until my sister made me realized that I always had buddha in my heart and karma was the drive in me to be a good person. I am not hitting on other religion or telling you to turn over to buddhism. The main thing is Karma, like people always say there has to be a balance in the universe and always a good/bad side to everything. Your heart is your temple/church, be a good citizen and always help others in need if it is in your power and don't judge people because they have different backgrounds. If I had the money I would build a shelter/refugee camp to help out people as much people as I can if shtf happens.

ReplyQuote
(@forward)
Trusted Member

Don't worry amf. πŸ™‚ I think many people here have religious views but it doesn't seem like anybody here is anything near what you would term a "Bible thumper". I made some Bible references in a recent posting as well. These references were to illustrate food preferences and practices of people in ancient cultures not as a moral point.

Everybody is pretty nice here so I wouldn't worry too much.

ReplyQuote
(@javert)
Eminent Member

I Believe in God and in the Bible. I started prepping because a lot of the end time prophesies are starting to take shape. If you're interested in the quotes and the whole context most can be found in the book of Daniel and Revelations. Also the Book of proverbs which is about wisdom makes many strong statements about being prepared. No matter the faith, all wisdom comes from God. I really believe that.

Also Regularguy, I thought Karma was a hindu doctrine. Not that the origins matter, still a good rule of thumb.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I am a pragmatist. I have Judeo-Christian values. Does that count?

ReplyQuote
ranger2012
(@ranger2012)
Noble Member

Algernon Sidney who originated the now familiar version, "God helps those who help themselves”,.

Yup, sounds like prepper doctrine to me. :mrgreen:

"We 'Prep.' to live after a downfall, Not just to survive."

ReplyQuote
(@crashed)
Estimable Member

Yes I do believe in God, Jesus is my Lord and Saviour. That is a simply fact of who I am.

I know of a couple other Christians who prep, but they seem to have the whole "bury our heads in the sand" mentality, and as many here would know from my past posts that is not me at all. IF or WHEN (if you prefer) something happens, the only way we are going to "survive" and rebuild is for people of all creeds and colors to come together and work together rather than working against each other because they believe this or they think that. Kind of sounds like this great country i know and love..CANADA!

I think faith will play an important role for each of us as the time comes. Having someone or something to believe in will help us cope and give us strength, weather for you that is Jesus, Allah, Budda, The Great Spirit, Karma, or a Door Knob you feel particularly fond of.

ReplyQuote
(@crashed)
Estimable Member

If I had the money I would build a shelter/refugee camp to help out people as much people as I can if shtf happens.

My friend I feel the exact same way! Wow look at that a Budda and a Christian thinking alike....some people would say we are both off our rocker! 😯

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

HEY !!!!! Don't leave out the "Doorknobists".... (tongue firmly in cheek) πŸ™‚

ReplyQuote
(@anitapreciouspearl)
Noble Member

I'm a Christian - my relationship with God effects everything I think about and everything I do. God's the one that said: "Love your neighbour as yourself" so you'd all be welcome in my home and I'd like to think we could agree to disagree if necessary and move on. I too believe in listening to each other and working together. Please do not be concerned that anyone here will "shove religion" down your throat.

I want to be prepared because the alternative is not a nice thought. I would also like to be in a position where I can help other people instead of being the one in need of help. I think prepping is a wise thing to do but I also realise there's only so much I can do and will trust God to take care of me regardless of the situation because I know He loves me πŸ™‚

(`'β€’.ΒΈ(`'β€’.ΒΈ ΒΈ.β€’'Β΄) ΒΈ.β€’'Β΄)
*´¨`β€’.ΒΈΒΈAnita <>< *.‒´¸¸¨`*
(ΒΈ.β€’'Β΄(ΒΈ.β€’'Β΄ `'β€’.ΒΈ)`' β€’.ΒΈ)
ΒΈ.β€’Β΄
( `β€’.ΒΈ
`β€’.ΒΈ )
ΒΈ.β€’)Β΄
(.β€’Β΄

Quack, Cluck, Moo, Hee-Haw, Meow and Baaaaaaa from Shalom Engedi Farm
http://adventures-in-country-living.blogspot.com/

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 6
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network