May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Short Term Food Storage

17 Posts
10 Users
0 Reactions
(@salix)
Trusted Member

i.e. Honda engine and you put it on a a frame and wheels so that it can be towed it can be relatively expensive. In the order of $1500. Now if you wait for a sale you can pick up and electric splitter for around $200 from Canadian Tire. Cheaper to do it this way and use the wood gasifier to power the generator. That is my plan anyway.

I only paid about $30 for my gravity-operated woodsplitter. Back in the 1900's we just called it an axe. πŸ˜‰

ReplyQuote
(@dangphool)
Prominent Member

i.e. Honda engine and you put it on a a frame and wheels so that it can be towed it can be relatively expensive. In the order of $1500. Now if you wait for a sale you can pick up and electric splitter for around $200 from Canadian Tire. Cheaper to do it this way and use the wood gasifier to power the generator. That is my plan anyway.

I only paid about $30 for my gravity-operated woodsplitter. Back in the 1900's we just called it an axe. πŸ˜‰

I think you mean "gravity-assist woodsplitter" πŸ˜†

I'm not sure if crier roams these woods anymore πŸ˜₯ It's been a long time and he should have been back from Elk hunting by now...

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network