April 28, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Various weather warnings for many parts of Canada

9 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@denob)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

There are currently several different weather warnings for different parts of the country...
Winter storms in Quebec, Flash freeze in Ontario, Rainfall for BC.
Check out this link to Environment Canada for your region's warnings...

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/warnings/warnings_e.html

(@vanislemom)
Reputable Member

Hi, Denob

Good website.
Sitting pretty here in Victoria, BC, Dec 28, 9 p.m. Lots of rain, warm rain.
Hard to believe it's December.
(Sorry rest of Canada)

Don't hate us, we're sitting on a big earthquake fault.

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

-21 c here...water pipes are frozen and we are using storage water until the pipes thaw....it's a cold one folks!

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Once again, Canadian weather rears it's head...severe wind chill (as low as -50 in some areas) for Manitoba all the way west to BC as well as winter storm warnings for Quebec.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

and they say there is no climate change!
Ontario has hardly any snow, it is raining all the time, and tonight the temps are plummeting and the wind is whipping up a furry. Sounds like early ice storms to me.
Ice storms are the reason I give to people to prep, and in the summer wind storms that down trees and power lines.

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Lucky Ontario...I shoveled 16 inches of snow off my roof today in anticipation of another foot deep snow storm coming in!
And yes, having lived through an ice storm with no power, gas, or grocery stores...I'm glad I became a prepper!

ReplyQuote
(@vanislemom)
Reputable Member

I'm taking a 3-day weekend as I took a 'snow day' yesterday just before my usual weekend. I got out there waiting for the bus, had just missed one bus, was watching traffic creep by, figured screw it, I'm not that important around there that they'd miss me... Since New Year's it has been extremely slow at work... I was such a star, putting away all those Christmas decorations, cleaning all those light fixtures, I deserve an extra day off... Reasons to not go to work ... I got a million of 'em.

Here's the latest snow news from the Times-Colonist here in Victoria, BC:

http://www.timescolonist.com/After+snowstorm+Schools+open+buses+running+most+roads+clear/6019499/story.html

It's Thursday now, I glanced at a headline that said we will get more snow tomorrow.

ReplyQuote
(@vanislemom)
Reputable Member

Update Victoria, BC:
Snow forecast for Friday didn't happen, started raining late in the evening, rained all night. 😀
Now that Christmas and New Years are over I'm done with winter, want to get on with warmer, dryer weather and get some stuff done.

ReplyQuote
(@back40)

Good day Denob another good site is canwarn Canadian weather warning system http://www.ecoa.ca/canwarn.shtml this is accurate built and run by a close net group of volenteer ham radio operators and we work hard as a team to keep info up to date. If anyone is interested in obtaining there ham radio licence im more than happy to help coach as ive done this for several people with great success.
Advantages are we know when SHTF before main stream media like CNN.These guys are a tight knit group of thousands of prepers world wide and most dont use computers to post becuase we use radio communications
instead of computers and there is some good topics im considering taping audio as some nights we have had over 1000 operators log on and thats not including the short wave listeners if theres enough interested i will tape the audio for those not able to listen.Also in another forum i see your looking for a someone to help with Communications & tech im willing to help out there i couldnt post there as im new to the forum.
We are currently setting up a remote station for all to use from comforts of home internet based basically you see a software version of the radio on your monitor fully functional with a click of the mouse you can control the rig remotely change frequency volume all functions work 100% so far as its in testing stages if your liscenced operator youll be able to use your computer mic to transmit audio worldwide if your not liscenced then you still can use as a listener all functions still work as a listener transmit feature will be disabled.
keep the laces tight

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network