May 06, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

The G.O.O.D. Plan (Get Out Of Dodge)

38 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
20 K Views
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Howdy,

After weeks of debating with myself as to whether or not, I should disclose that I have written a book I have finally decided.

So, in December 2009, I started to write my book The G.O.O.D. Plan (Get Out Of Dodge) and by December 2012 it was ready to be published. To that end, Paladin Press, Colorado, USA - expressed interest in my book if I would sign over all the rights to the book. I don't want to sound ungrateful, but I worked long and hard on this, and I am not giving away the rights. So, I am still searching for a publisher.

In the meantime, I will start posting my book on my blog. I have the first 3 parts posted at this time. I hope the readers will send me some feedback, and maybe I will need to do a re-write before it will be published. However, until then the members of this community may be able to find some valuable information for their personal/family emergency preparedness plan.

The G.O.O.D. Plan (Get Out Of Dodge) is not a survival manual, it is an evacuation manual. Manual may be too strong of a descriptor, but the best one I can think of at the moment. Everywhere you read make a plan, make a plan. But it is rare to actually find a sample plan. So, I hope this is helpful to those looking to work on their evac plan.

First I flog my blog, now I am flogging my book. Shameless. :mrgreen:

Mountainman.

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

looks good gc-mountainman. Lots of information and very helpful. Thanks for the preview.

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin

GC...if you PM me with the details I could get you a quote...I'm a print broker.
Size
pages
qty

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Hey Shameless,, err I mean Mountain Man,
congratulations and I mean it.

Years and years ago I started writing a few books, but I get sidetracked easily, so non are finished.
All rights!!! wowsers..
there are others out there, keep looking

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

ICRCC, You are welcome.

Denob, PM sent.

Wilde, Thanks for the encouragement. I will persevere! I am so shameless...... 😳

Thanks for the support. Maybe, one day there will be a hard copy to hold in your hands.

Mountainman.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for all the visits to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading the excerpts from The G.O.O.D. Plan (Get Out Of Dodge).

Mountainman.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

What about self publishing on Kindle? Amazon? Other site?

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I started to self-publish on Kindle, but their formatting over-rode my formatting and scrabbled the layout of the pages. I do not have the HTML programming skills at this time to reset back to my normal. I do not have the time or patience right now to sit down and manually adjust the Kindle copy line by line. As for self-publishing a hard copy, I have used Island Blue in Victoria, BC and they did a very good job. But there again, I am required to pay for the copies up front and then sell them. I couldn't sell a glass of water to someone in the Sahara Desert. I may be able to write a book, but I am not a salesman.

iUniverse will print it as well, but again my cash flow issue keeps getting the way. Thanks for the ideas.

Mountainman.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

There are a few publishers in the Sunshine Coast, up past Sechelt close to Medias?? ssplll.. sucketh..
Do not give up on the bigger ones, either remember to just keep sending in samples, there are stories of people sending out 2-300 then bam.. find one publisher, and on the top of the charts!

At least you finished it up, I muddle about with it every two weeks or so, I keep getting sucked into this forum or another one, plus some other issues.. hhmmpf.. not very military of me anymore, sigh.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Wilde,

I hear you. This forum is great, like electronic crack cocaine. Bet you can't make just one post or only read one. Next thing you know it's midnight. Oops.

As for my book. Yes, I keep looking for options. Like you said, it is complete and ready to go, of course a proof-reader would make it look a lot better. I am still finding minor errors.

I hope you can tear yourself away from here long enough to have your book finished before the end of Summer. 🙂

Mountainman.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Someone here said they were a proof reader??? trying to remember, I know Anita is good at proofreading but there was someone who said they did it as well.
End of summer would be good for one of the books, I am a bit ambitious, the book is part of a 3 part series, part two is screenplay, part 3 is a book on field skills including natural foraging, equipment and building projects, that one is the next 3 year project even though it was started 8yrs ago... sigh...

not ambitious at all... 🙄

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

WildE,

It is always good to have a project, 3 year....err 8 year projects count, too. 🙂

Mountainman.

ReplyQuote
(@hammer)
Estimable Member

Well, I don't know specifics, but yes. Madiera Park has a publisher there that's fairly good. I've been following the publishing scene for a few years now, as I've always wanted to write a book. There are insane stories out there of anywhere from 1 sample sent to 2500 samples sent before a publisher will bite. Harry Potter for instance. Denied by something like 6 publishers before one bit.

H

Prepare for the worst
Hope for the best

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Hammer,

I will check them out.

Mountainman.

ReplyQuote
(@dangphool)
Prominent Member

I'm enjoying your excerpts; I bet it was very exciting to have completed your book ❗

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network