April 19, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Pandemic

42 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

184 000. New high score for the US of A. Nothing is going to be done about this until the new administration takes over, by then nothing they do will have much effect. Just setting aside the dead these kind of numbers will produce, studies are now coming out showing lasting cognitive impairments in some people and in larger numbers, people with damaged respiratory systems. Interesting, would have been a good time to buy some medical, pharma stocks at the start of this.

https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-5661

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

>1000 new cases today in Alberta.

Sigh.

Everything hinges on “voluntary measures”. Which means that those who already abide by rules will feel even more pressure while those who don’t care, won’t care. Voluntary social responsibilities don’t work. Otherwise, there would be no need for cops and photo radar as everyone would voluntarily respect speed limits, right??!

ReplyQuote
(@farmgal)
Member Moderator

Yup.. same.. those that follow the rules follow them.. and those that don't still do not and have no plans to do so..

but those that are not willing are getting more vocal.. they are humming louder and louder around here.. Ontario is in a state of those in the effected hot zone areas are splitting into the hunker down crowd and the no.. we are not going to take it anymore crowd..

Its going to be wild ride this winter...

http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

The crowd that cant bother to wear a mask is going to be the same crowd that wont get a shot when a vaccine is available. This isnt ending soon, too many tards just too many.

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

Close to 1600 cases a day now in Alberta and our Albertian snow trump (praise be upon him ), takes no serious leadership. I am sure he makes his American masters proud.

While he does nothing to protect the population, in fact is privatizing health care do to "claimed funding shortages" Shortages he is causing. Somehow he found 500 dollars to give to every church in Alberta to help with Covid when in fact all he had to do was give the order to lock the doors and tell everyone to pretend at home for the duration of this. The Child Raping church will be the bigest beneficiary of this free money, and wouldnt you know that just so happens to be Kennys church, no coincidence there.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

The entire gig is a laughable (but NOT) snit show. From the complete absence of a plan to handle this or any large scale man made or natural disaster, key supplies being non existent or insufficient, delays in doing anything with regards to shutting down all borders, moronic statements from politicians, dweeb silly servants, doctors and other so called experts that any professional I have had the honor to work with would laugh at and expel from the room, the mixed messages, deciding who gets shut down, the hypocrisy with what they themselves get caught doing etc.

It’s a complete sad farce and sadly, it’s the hard working people who will pay the price. Again to keep politics out of this, one simply and VERY importantly, needs to observe what is going on and understand any dreams or fantasies are just that. Thus the need to not believe in most of what one hears or thinks they are seeing and to focus on doing everything they can to be as self-sufficient and safe as they can reasonably accomplish. Just keep it real and logical.

hey, if life turns out to be a wonderful rainbow of bounty, peace, love and harmony, then the worst thing that you will have done is to learn new skill sets, likely get into better shape and maybe even saved some money so when you are proven wrong, laughed at by family, friends and found your efforts were not needed, you can take the saved money and book a trip, plunk your derriere on a nice warm beach and commune with all the wonderful folks out there.
Nothing to lose and everything to gain.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Had noted this issue in the maintenance list but didn’t think it would apply to my situation.

Wife went to start the car the other day and dead battery, easy boost but still dead. One year old battery but here’s the likely issue, since March , it’s hardly been driven and I think the last time was over two weeks ago. So what with clock, wireless remote receiver always looking for a signal and who know what else that is in standby mode sucking ever so tiny amounts of power, it went dead. No the lights were not on,

Guessing this battery or system can’t take extended periods of down time and while used for short runs, it’s not enough to fully charge the battery. Maybe a bad battery? For now, it will go on trickle charger.

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin

Had noted this issue in the maintenance list but didn’t think it would apply to my situation.

Wife went to start the car the other day and dead battery, easy boost but still dead. One year old battery but here’s the likely issue, since March , it’s hardly been driven and I think the last time was over two weeks ago. So what with clock, wireless remote receiver always looking for a signal and who know what else that is in standby mode sucking ever so tiny amounts of power, it went dead. No the lights were not on,

Guessing this battery or system can’t take extended periods of down time and while used for short runs, it’s not enough to fully charge the battery. Maybe a bad battery? For now, it will go on trickle charger.

Odd. I replaced the battery in my Ford a couple years ago. Leaving the GPS plugged in drained the battery several times, but it always took a charge and it's still going strong today. See if Canadian Tire will run a test on the battery for you.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Car battery update; wife’s battery was one year old. “Delco”. A dud that would not keep charge and replaced under warranty.
1.5 years ago I had a top of line interstate battery in my suv and it was not holding charge after nine months ago and had it swapped and ok now. Like so many things made today, I have a hunch the push to be more ecological translates to less potent chemicals...cheaply made and resulting replacements

Purchased a quality fridge last year and door frame magnets are barely grabbing.

So for me, I can no longer trust my batteries to be ready when needed, at least not during these days of less use, so the send car will be on trickle charger and I may do the same with the truck to hedge my bets.

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

Covid 19 just became the number one cause of death in the USA. Overtaking all other causes. The USA was already a fail state by health care, life expectancy, I suspect when the numbers are crunched this year it may record the single biggest year over year drop in life expectancy.

Cuba of all places has a higher life expectancy.

https://www.worldometers.info/demographics/life-expectancy/

Freedumb

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

America hits 400 000 dead sometime this Monday. This total came about in approximately 10 months. I predicted this magnitude would actual skew the life expectancy measurements of Americans ( see previous post ) now that it is the leading cause of death. Now the slide rule people have come out with actual numbers and the estimate is this covid will knock a year off Americans life expectancies. Read for yourself... https://www.livescience.com/us-life-expectancy-drop-covid-19.html

I am so going to miss Trump....(praise be upon him )

I will make one more prediction. 6 to 8 months from now even if the new admin does everything right...still going to be another 400 000 dead at a minimum!

(I think I am being really, really, conservative considering just 75 days ago the American total was 180,000 but I am pretending the new admin does everything right, and Americans co-operate )

The growth trajectory is just so well established at this point.

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

America hits a new high score of 4400+ a day, dead, on the first full day of the new administration. The new administration is predicting a total of 500 000 dead by next month. No kidding Sherlock. Trump has left a gift that just keeps on giving.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-us-canada-55745861

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network