May 02, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Another Epiphany...

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

Like many Canadians, I find myself travelling to visit family this long weekend. We found ourselves detoured around the tragic Saskatchewan collision where 6 people lost their lives in a head on crash. Turns out that the accident had occurred about 2 hours before we passed by but the area was still clear chaos.

Though unfortunate - and I can’t speculate of the cause of the crash - Mrs HP and i were commenting about the maniacal driving of some folks on the road yesterday; THREE times I’ve had to take evasive actions to avoid a high-speed crash with a careless driver yesterday!

Where am I going with this...

As some folks here prepare for the zombie apocalypse to come, are you ready to survive your next trip on Canadian highways?

Be an examplary driver. Follow the rules of the road. Ensure your vehicle is in good conditions. Ensure you are alert while on the road AND... try to anticipate what the moron in the other car is about to do 😮

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Like many Canadians, I find myself travelling to visit family this long weekend. We found ourselves detoured around the tragic Saskatchewan collision where 6 people lost their lives in a head on crash. Turns out that the accident had occurred about 2 hours before we passed by but the area was still clear chaos.

Though unfortunate - and I can’t speculate of the cause of the crash - Mrs HP and i were commenting about the maniacal driving of some folks on the road yesterday; THREE times I’ve had to take evasive actions to avoid a high-speed crash with a careless driver yesterday!

Where am I going with this...

As some folks here prepare for the zombie apocalypse to come, are you ready to survive your next trip on Canadian highways?

Be an examplary driver. Follow the rules of the road. Ensure your vehicle is in good conditions. Ensure you are alert while on the road AND... try to anticipate what the moron in the other car is about to do 😮

Good advice. My father taught me the importance of watching the rear view mirror. Nice to see the morons darting in and out behind you so you can anticipate the fool doing the same to you!

ReplyQuote
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

Have a safe weekend HP. Hopefully the drive home will present less excitement. 🙂

None you improvise, one (or more) is luxury.

ReplyQuote
(@marthony)

Indeed, highway scenarios were what got me engaged in emergency preparedness in the first place, though more from a 'stranded on an under-travelled road at -30' angle. My vehicle bin has evolved much since then.

I was driving from Salmon Arm to Banff yesterday, and traffic was quite dense to Golden. No room for error on the shared road sections! Good-busy in the sense that fools even see that it is futile to try to pass as there's nowhere to go, but bad in that one must briefly qualify every oncoming vehicle as OK vs. distracted, about to pass at wrong/illegal moment, or just plain WTF. Watched a distracted or stoned driver behind me hit the rumble strips 3x in <10 minutes..!

When I see police doing no-seatbelt busts, I can only shake my head at such complete idiocy.

Might is Right is the wrong thing to say but the right thing to understand.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network