May 17, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Are we going the way of the horses? A ted talk

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
(@protector)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

https://youtu.be/swB7Ivct8d8 Are we going the way of the horses? A Ted talk

This is subject that has been bothering for a long time. Anticipating how this works out could put your family in a much better position.

Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

An interesting talk, with logical conclusions. I believe however this is a more reactive occurrence than a proactive one. Technology tends to change the lives of all members of Society, regardless if you adopt that technology in your lives or not (try to find a payphone to use).

The values of individual members of Society are manipulated in the same way. The idea that it's ok for strangers to raise your kids in Day Care because you 'need' a second income to buy what Society says will fulfill your lives.

How much of the bait you swallow is up to the individual. The tendency seems to be that it's easier to drink the Kool-Aid. Unfortunately too few people apply good judgement. They purchase items on credit compounding their financial hardships and increase their need to generate greater income. I guess you can't get enough of what you don't need... πŸ™‚

None you improvise, one (or more) is luxury.

ReplyQuote
(@thecrownsown)
Prominent Member

I like CGP Grey's videos, specifically on this topic. He takes away the fear..kinda..:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU

https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

Its already going on strong. If anyone remembers steel fab yards from the eighties, and compares them to up to date ones now its night and day.
The steel I beams, or box steel used to be cut by guys with fuel torches, holes drilled for bolts with heavy mag drills, manually set into place, all the bolt holes marked by hand, and doubled checked. You could look across the shop and see if filled with men all engaged in this activity...not now...now a guy never touches a steel I beam, When it arrives at the shop its unloaded by one crane operator, or fork lift driver where its placed on a conveyer that feeds it into a beam profiler that cuts it to the dimensions needed including compound angles, then the same machine drills out the bolt holes and spits the beam out and down the conveyer for loading onto a flat deck and shipping out...this takes minutes to do...minutes, nobody touches the beam ever ,and no mistakes.
Who the hell wants employees , Have you ever had any...pain in the ass. Bigest sector for future job growth with be for dog feeders/handlers!

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

An interesting talk, with logical conclusions. I believe however this is a more reactive occurrence than a proactive one. Technology tends to change the lives of all members of Society, regardless if you adopt that technology in your lives or not (try to find a payphone to use).

The values of individual members of Society are manipulated in the same way. The idea that it's ok for strangers to raise your kids in Day Care because you 'need' a second income to buy what Society says will fulfill your lives.

How much of the bait you swallow is up to the individual. The tendency seems to be that it's easier to drink the Kool-Aid. Unfortunately too few people apply good judgement. They purchase items on credit compounding their financial hardships and increase their need to generate greater income. I guess you can't get enough of what you don't need... πŸ™‚

Good summery on much of what is happening and why!

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network