April 29, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Why is space weather such a threat?

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@tradesman)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Severe

(@maple-leaf-pilgrim)
Estimable Member

Severe space weather is one of the highest priority natural hazards in the National Risk Register and is recognized as having potential significant impacts.
Electrical grid disruption, plane crashes, train derailments, satellite failures are some of the threats caused by an EMP and solar flares.
UK's Department for Business, Innovation & Skills released several news bulletins addressing the risks involved when such an event arrives.
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/publicsector/emergencies/space-weather/met-office-role

You should see what various defense agencies have to say on the subject.

-S.

"It's not what you have, but what you have done".

-S.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Where did posts go?

ReplyQuote
 Vat5
(@vat5)

I have read about solar flares affecting global communications

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin

Good point!
Most Ham Radio operators pay close attention to solar activity because of this. Geomagnetic activity can greatly influence radio wave travel.
Also, I have noticed that on days of moderate or higher activity (G3 or up) the GPS in my truck goes a bit wonky...just enough to display my vehicle several yards off the actual road, kinda like I was driving through the field beside me.

ReplyQuote
(@kravmaga79)

apparently nasa has known about planet x/nibiru since at least 1983 as it was in the papers way back then.
its getting pretty close these days, not sure if its still approaching the sun or already coming around the other side.
its supposed to greatly accelerate once around the sun and SHTF could happen very quickly then

ReplyQuote
(@thecrownsown)
Prominent Member

apparently nasa has known about planet x/nibiru since at least 1983 as it was in the papers way back then.
its getting pretty close these days, not sure if its still approaching the sun or already coming around the other side.
its supposed to greatly accelerate once around the sun and SHTF could happen very quickly then

You know this isn't true right...I mean...I know there are people out there who are into flat earth belief's, lizard men taking over the white house....and this fits right into that category...but tell me your just making a joke...there is no way anyone can acceptthe Niburu story still...it was funny at first..its tragic now...

https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network