May 13, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Why we're on the brink of greatest Depression of all time

51 Posts
18 Users
0 Likes
19.3 K Views
(@grannybear)
Topic starter  

This kinda leaves one gasping for air where there is no air ...

Why we are on the brink of the greatest Depression of all time

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/08/23/why-are-on-brink-greatest-depression-all-time/?intcmp=obnetwork

(@cares)
Reputable Member

Makes me shudder and I am in a relatively good position compared with many others 😕

ReplyQuote
Antsy
(@antsy)
Reputable Member

While I'm not saying everything in the attachment is wrong, when you see "foxnews" after the triple w I think you should keep in mind the source.

Needs must when the devil drives.

ReplyQuote
(@mooswa)
Trusted Member

I hear you on Fox............ but there are a lot of pretty knowledgeable economist types and big investment companies all predicting this. It is coming. The only thing that remains to be seen is how fast we slide down the slope.

A lot of people are going to get hurt and my one recommendation to everyone is get out of debt. The less you owe, the easier it will be to weather the storm. And this mess is going to last for a couple of decades.

Let no good deed go unpunished.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

It's an opinion. Much of what he says is factual but his overall assessment is questionable. One thing is for sure the current US economy, like many economies around the world are not sustainable.

ReplyQuote
(@marlprepper)
Eminent Member

http://www.usdebtclock.org/ theres a debt clock for you all. hope it helps.

Cigarettes are just like HedgeHogs, perfectly harmless until you put them in your mouth and light them on fire.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Another good source of information, particularly if you like graphs, as to the direction the US economy can be found at"
http://www.theburningplatform.com/?p=40366

ReplyQuote
(@dangphool)
Prominent Member

Numbers and statistics can be interpreted anyway. Has the west spent more than it should; yes. Is this person, who is proud to be a "Capitalist Evangelist Libertarian" coming to some conclusions through a very specific set of lens'? Hell yeah.

To blame the entire collapse on soldiers with disabilities, food stamps and medicare, etc but never mention the capitalist bankers who kept giving away credit to people who could never pay it back is ludicrous. I'm surprised he didn't accuse Obama of personally impregnating the 86 teenagers personally just to put more minorities on welfare.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Spain's credit rating to BBB-minus, near junk. Ok things are not good there and getting worse. Today on the BBC reported that the Red Cross making its first ever public appeal in Spain to help those affected by the economic crisis. It can only get worse in the short run.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

As the Spanish economy worsens the more public protests occur. Protest unfortunately often incorporate violent acts from both sides. Now in Spain they are attempting to make filming the police a crime. Didn't they try that in Libya and Syria? Didn't the Eurozone condemn the lack of transparency? I guess it's a case of what is good for the goose is not necessarily good for the gander. That is if you just happen to be the gander. Here is the link: http://www.infowars.com/spain-seeks-to-outlaw-filming-cops/

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

IF the state wants to record its citizens then the citizens should record the state.

“When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people there is liberty.”

Guess where we are now?

ReplyQuote
(@rabbitteeth)
Estimable Member

New article in the National Post, looks like the Eurozone is back in a recession, Greece is in a downright Depression, and on another page, the US has half a million jobless claims since April 2011.

ReplyQuote
(@offgridhippie)
Trusted Member

Hi guys, I've been learning as much as possible I'm late to the races... Crunching the global numbers... I think on a global scale the elite 1% is gambling hard or gambled too hard and the wheels are just starting to come off as speak.

I never thought costco shelving could be so amazing

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Why wouldn't the "elite" 1% gamble recklessly? After all they have nothing to lose they always come out ahead.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network