May 13, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

One Pistol

52 Posts
29 Users
0 Likes
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

Now let's keep an open mind everyone. Try to look at this like our learned and elected members of the legislature...

If you ban handgun possession, it will be against the law to own one! What Criminal would want to have another charge brought against him? If he wanted to rob a bank for example, he would use a Shotgun instead! I don't know about you, but I'm feeling safer already!

I suppose there will be many criminals who wont care about breaking the law (that's a novel idea). In this case, the government can add illegal possession of a firearm to the charges of bank robbery, or murder. How's that for a deterrent?

Great thought process... Vote Liberal!

LOL

None you improvise, one (or more) is luxury.

ReplyQuote
(@laz-1)
Eminent Member

The one gun idea is good,
but simple conversion barrels and top ends can open up your potential even better.

I have built a few multi caliber sets on the 1911 Govt model and the Glocks.

My last handgun was a Glock .40, set up with conversion barrels in 9mm and .357 SIG, and a .22 LR conversion slide and barrel. Starting with a Glock in .40 cal allows you to add easy and cheap conversion barrels in 9mm and .357 SIG. The 9mm slide can not easily be converted to .40/.357 SIG.

The .357 SIG calibre is a major jump up in power from the 9mm. It shoots FLAT! Neck hold on an IPSC SIL target at 100 yds will put them in the chest area. I sold this setup to a friend with three tiny daughters ( 100 - 110 lbs). We took them to the range, first time for them with a handgun. We started out with the .22 LR top end. Then up to the 9mm, and on to the .40 SW. They all liked that, but one shot with the .357 SIG ( in a 6" SS barrel) was enough to convince them to leave that calibre alone.

PS: That same day we had an AR 15, in .223, and also a .22 LR conversion kit. Started with the .22 LR, then moved up to the .223. They did great work ... at 25 yes all shots were hits within a 6" circle. Pretty good for first time out.
(;-{)

ReplyQuote
(@hadestouch)
Eminent Member

Just like knives.. Two is one, one is none.
My personal preference in shtf and I had to bug out lite.. I’d take p226. In truth I’d likely take a .22 as well as the lite ammo weight would allow me to bring a little extra ammo at minimal weight cost.

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

Just like knives.. Two is one, one is none.
My personal preference in shtf and I had to bug out lite.. I’d take p226. In truth I’d likely take a .22 as well as the lite ammo weight would allow me to bring a little extra ammo at minimal weight cost.

I’m waiting inpatiently for my Glock 44. A pistol that has the feel of a “real” gun, but reliably spits out .22, so long as they are if the “hotter” variety. Cheap to train with but can also carry 500 rounds of ammo with little weight or space required.

ReplyQuote
(@thecrownsown)
Prominent Member

I like my S&W Victory... .22. Pistols are hard enough to shoot accurately (especially for us arm chair shooting enthusiasts...lol) so a nice light calibre, and....i dont care if it sounds superficial...the S&W Victory just looks...tacticool. 😎

https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Would love to buy a nice 22 handgun, but with threat of buybacks/ seizures, I am hesitant to spend the money and then all the drama and they only pay back 75% or some such nonsense . bloody shame.

ReplyQuote
(@jimjonesinbc)

for training and shooting pistol theres this option https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm3s56IVXK8
A gen 3 Glock G22 fitted with a 9mm adapter barrel and a .22 LR Slide conversion kit

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network