May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Thigh rig for a S&W M&P 40cal Full size

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Reactions
Fenwolf
(@fenwolf)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Looking for a RH tactical thigh rig for a full size S&W M&P 40cal. Looking for something that can be bought in or shipped to Canada. The S&W website says they can not ship to Canada. Anyone have any info on where to look. Thanks for the help.

(@glockman1)
Estimable Member

I got mine from ebay. Good prices and selection

GM1

Chance favours the prepared mind

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

http://www.opticsplanet.com/blackhawk-serpa-tac-level-3-tactical-y-holster.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=plusbox-beta&gclid=CLXW04KTl70CFY3m7AodemAA7g

If you can't get it from this company due to shipping, go with the Serpa. I ordered my holster and thigh rig separately, so I can't be sure with the combo, but my holster came with the belt clip and panel paddle in the same package for both the M&Ps and the 1911s, so the thigh rig might hit both jobs, too. The nice thing about that is the panel paddle goes on any MOLLE compatible gear - thigh panel, chest rig, plate carrier, bag - which opens up options for you.

It took me a long time to be comfortable with "plastic" over nylon or leather, but then, I still miss Windows 97. I would not go back to anything after using the Serpas and although I bought backups, they have handled a pretty hefty woman crashing onto side, hip, back and thigh on gravel, wood, tile, and even the one concrete girder. At some point there will be an angle or weight or substrate that wrecks them, but I haven't found it yet. (It's not that we play THAT rough, it's that I'm a little bit of a weeble-wobble.)

ReplyQuote
(@koddie)
Eminent Member

R Nicholls Distributors in Quebec is the Canadian distributor for Safariland holsters. I couldn't find anyone that would ship Safariland over the border. I bought a Safariland holster because some shooting leagues and ranges, especially south of the border are banning the Serpa due to the number of accidental discharges during drawing. I compete with a Serpa and have no issues with it, but now that I can't use it everywhere I have been forced to switch. I think the problem with the Serpa is a training issue, but some feel it is a design problem.

ReplyQuote
Buggie
(@buggie)
Honorable Member

there are dozens of sources that will ship web gear over the border. here are a few:

opsgear
la police gear
ebay
amazon

but you should be able to find Canadian vendors no problem. I would suggest seals tactical in Calgary. look around, webbing is extremely common

See you all after.

ReplyQuote
(@carbon04)
Honorable Member

Serpa, Serpa, Serpa..........I still use the old leather Safariland in all practice drills, and I have seven or eight spares, but the Serpa is 'quick'!!!

"I think that I am very reasonable therefore ......." ICRCC

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network