May 16, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Meds

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

When I was talking with my Pharmacist the other day she had mentioned how there supplies are being restricted, with things on back order they are only giving out a months supply. I checked my stock at home and I have built up a good year plus supply. Should things get worse with the supply chain I will be ok for a long time, but I got thinking about storage, I don't believe the expiry dates on things but I want to keep things in good condition for the longest time so I have started to vacuum pack everything and will throw them in the freezer. I cant imagine that freezing is harmful to anything.

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

my wife the nurse says to not play with tetracyline expiry date.
no experience with frozen, I would worry about humidity. wonder is cool and dark wouldnt be better approach. sorry to only provide more questions. good question though

ReplyQuote
(@farmgal)
Member Moderator

I agree with Clarence, do not mess with Tetracyline expiry dates and I have meds in the house that warnings on them, NOT to let them freeze or they will be effected, and some the other way.. can not get to hot or effected.. worth taking the time to look them up.. but sealing them.. good..

http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

Based on what I read about meds and expiry, including research, I certainly agree on tetracycline. That is the only one clearly mentioned as turning toxic over time. I also wouldn't freeze, rather going for cool & dark as previously mentioned. I keep my spare meds in a cheap plastic ammo box I got on sale with a gun safe dehumidifier in it, then stored in my "cold room" pantry (which tends to average about 12-15C through the year).

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

No tetracycline, in to a ammo box it is and somewhere coolish.

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network