May 16, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Water Conservation

19 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

installing the fittings

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
(@thecrownsown)
Prominent Member

What an undertaking. Seems you always have these cool projects on the go.

Grey water reclamation is definitely on the rise. Typically it's rain water (seeing this a lot in commercial buildings) but this is the first I've seen re using shower water. peppercorn, can you post how the system is working? We're you able to filter out particulate successfully? did you use a j tube between the shower and tank for odour control? Any issue with bio film building up on the lining of the pipes? You're working out the first gen....and I'm interested. I don't think the plumbing code in Ontario will allow this, but to do it oneself based on your model is doable. I really want to know how it's going.

Up to now, we've been a "if it's yellow, let it mellow, if it's brown, flush it down" household.

https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

What an undertaking. Seems you always have these cool projects on the go.

Grey water reclamation is definitely on the rise. Typically it's rain water (seeing this a lot in commercial buildings) but this is the first I've seen re using shower water. peppercorn, can you post how the system is working? We're you able to filter out particulate successfully? did you use a j tube between the shower and tank for odour control? Any issue with bio film building up on the lining of the pipes? You're working out the first gen....and I'm interested. I don't think the plumbing code in Ontario will allow this, but to do it oneself based on your model is doable. I really want to know how it's going.

Up to now, we've been a "if it's yellow, let it mellow, if it's brown, flush it down" household.

I have to disappoint you. I built the tank, assembled the fittings I needed to connect up to the drain line, even have the ceiling downstairs open to get access but I put off connecting it up so I could get other things done (like heaters installed) before winter came. I will get it hooked up this spring but as you can see from the picture I have my upstairs shower and bath room shut down right now as I am redoing every thing in tile, shower too, and installing one of those deep soaking/jet tub things. This going to take me all of 2021 to get the bathroom done as there are other demands on my time. So I wont even be able to begin testing my water reclamation experiment until 2022. Everything seems to take me longer the older I get.

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
(@thecrownsown)
Prominent Member

No worries. The realities of life and the things we gotta do! πŸ™‚

When you do get around to this project, please post. Ill be reading. As an aside, I do enjoy the projects you post on the forum here. I may not always comment on them, but I definitely read and follow them.

https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network