March 02, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna CPN Forum Returns

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Lower House of Commons (Canadian Parliament) On lockdown

27 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@thecrownsown)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

One soldier dead, one gunman.

They are hunting for one, perhaps two more gunmen.

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/canada/archives/2014/10/20141022-100348.html

A real tradjedy.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/parliament-hill-attack-1-gunman-dead-after-soldier-shot-at-national-war-memorial-1.2808710

The initial reports have said the one gunman so far was wearing a head scarf...but...thats just an initial report from the CBC. The Conservative and NDP Caucus are both locked down inside Parliament waiting for the all clear.

Such a tragedy. Glad they started arming Parliament security a few years back. This could have been much worse....

https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I agree this is a sad event and something we are not used to happening in Canada. I'm sure that there will be reason attached to this crime soon as having a second accomplice suggests a planned action and therefore there should leave a trail of evidence to follow.

I hope this isn't used later as a tool to further reduce the public's rights to possess firearms as it always seems to become such in the end. Everyone else shouldn't have to pay for such actions committed by extremists. Imagine how bad things will be when the extremists are the only ones bearing arms!

ReplyQuote
(@ballisticprepper)
Eminent Member

It's events like this that might open ones eye for a brief moment. I am furious that we get the warning that ISIS has alerted the Muslim extremists to kill government officials, law enforcement officers and such. Here we are a month later and they carry out thier threats... And we are shocked? They ran the other two solders down the other day and even that was not enough to heighten our status of alert. Where I work, they pulled all civilian members back and armed all other officers with shotguns... Most of the media is telling people not to get excited because this is an isolated incident... Wtf???

I was in Ottawa in September for the annual police memorial and marched. They thought I was overreacting when I brought my side arm with me. I call it... Being prepared. Time to wake up everyone.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Ok, this is Canada were talking about... we don't carry side arms to peaceful protests....(well, maybe the natives do, but only on their own land...which is Canada) πŸ˜€
No one knows yet what the motivations are that drove this nutcase on. To presume he was an ISIS extremist is reaching just a bit at this point in time....yes?

To suggest that you carried a weapon in a public place to an open forum is an invite to BIG crap down the road. And such as that will be used in a courtroom by those who wish to take Canadian's guns away too.

Psst: (So unless you like rooms with soft walls, I'd reconsider saying such things here!)

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin

I agree this is a sad event and something we are not used to happening in Canada. I'm sure that there will be reason attached to this crime soon as having a second accomplice suggests a planned action and therefore there should leave a trail of evidence to follow.

I hope this isn't used later as a tool to further reduce the public's rights to possess firearms as it always seems to become such in the end. Everyone else shouldn't have to pay for such actions committed by extremists. Imagine how bad things will be when the extremists are the only ones bearing arms!

Unfortunately, I've already seen youtube videos calling this an orchestrated event, or perhaps an allowed event. Seems there is no end to those that will immediately say that we are gonna lose some rights because this was a false flag, or something like that.
Let's keep in mind that the current ferdal government is the only one I know of that has actually loosened a few gun laws in recent history.

It would seem idiotic to me that anyone could use this as a launching pad for more gun control.
The shooter, unfortunately from my neck of the woods, was a criminal...with a criminal history.
I for one, am waiting to hear what weapon he used and if it was registered (he lived in Quebec where we still have to do this) or even obtained legally.
Given his criminal past, I would doubt very much that he had a PAL.
Knowing that he was also on a watch list would be further indication that he wasn't in legal possesion of this firearm.

More legislation?
SURE!!!
Harsher penalties for people who own illegal firearms.
NOT for legal and responsible gun owners.

The current government has abolished the gun registry and introduced the common sense firearms licensing act.
Why would they use a false flag to show that they were wrong in doing so? Especially with an election in the next year!

I for one, am proud of the members of this forum, who have refrained from calling for the expulsion of all muslims from the country...as members from other forums have done with comments like this...

ALL police and military ammunition should be dipped in pigs blood and lubricated with pig fat. Period

or this...

many cultures come here for better life and way-of-life. if this act is done by muslims.. we need to empty ALL mosques immediately..

ReplyQuote
(@scrounger)
Honorable Member

Yeah, don't think you can even call CP a prep forum anymore.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Personally, I see an extremist as anyone who takes a situation to extreme measures. How does someone justify the actions of killing a soldier standing guard at a monument as means to support any cause? It was just an act of violence and the soldier was just a random target for someone with extreme anger issues. If this extremist (as that is what he is in my interpretation) has a previous record for such things, then authorities should have to show measures taken to limit this persons from obtaining access to such weapons.

Things I disliked in the military in the 70's was that there were many unstable people joined and were given instructions on how to kill without a second thought. These people were then surrounded daily by other individuals who in turn promoted killing concepts and this added to reducing the morals standards of the weak minded even further. Now stir in some alcohol and see what happens!

I don't know if the military has a better screening process today, but there wasn't any such thing in place back then. I wonder how many finally got real help versus just being incarcerated when they eventually screwed up bad? And just think of how many more screwed up individuals we help create with the violence on TV daily and especially after killing zombies for hours on XBox too? Therefore we don't have to import terrorists to have violent acts within our borders. Many are already here and likely showing signs that all is not well in their little world, if we only know what signs we need to watch for.

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

To suggest that you carried a weapon in a public place to an open forum is an invite to BIG crap down the road. And such as that will be used in a courtroom by those who wish to take Canadian's guns away too.

Psst: (So unless you like rooms with soft walls, I'd reconsider saying such things here!)

Knuckle, reading BallisticPrepper's post, I have a sense that he is LEO. Therefore, I understand he brought his service weapon to the march. Which IMHO is better than wearing a pretty, shinny, empty holster with a dress uniform.

ReplyQuote
(@ballisticprepper)
Eminent Member

Sorry, yes I am a Leo...and I was in uniform. For his funeral, I thinking will all carry our sidearms.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Sorry, yes I am a Leo...and I was in uniform. For his funeral, I thinking will all carry our sidearms.

Sorry dude. Started thinking the unglued were speaking out πŸ˜† Nice to know we have a few current LEO's who partake in this forum too. I'm ex-LEO and so is RATT's when he shows up here as we served together. Now I know who can help point out some of the finer points of present day law as my knowledge may often come from beyond specific expiry dates... πŸ™„ πŸ˜€ In these times, I'd likely be packing on and off duty if I lived in the cities still.

Can I ask which branch?

PS: (In my day we had flap holsters and I often thought that a fella could hide snacks in there instead and now one would be the wiser 😯 but's that's just when some stupid crap would happen and then where you I be?) πŸ˜• πŸ˜€

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

Yeah, don't think you can even call CP a prep forum anymore.

Well it never was..its just for mutual unchallenged promotion of each other and their business intrests, roughly the 4 stooges..MM, wet p, icrcc...I will let you guess who I think the fourth is. Wouldnt care one bit but they are peeing in the pool we all swim in, their hate colours how we are seen, even when you try to distance yourself from the stupid.

I went to have a look, I know I shouldnt....and here is a line from mountainmonkey himself

Let's draw-out these cowardly scum-sucking pieces of crap, and engage them and destroy them once and for all. Rid OUR country of this waste of oxygen consumers. Then and only then will this threat be removed, IMHO.

Now you might think this American wanna be, only means that shooter...well you should see what all these nut bars are saying about muslims,and have been for some time, well before this...in fact I dont think I have seen see a Canadian site filled with as much right wing, Knuckle draging religous hate...If these clowns arnt being watched close, some security agencies are not doing thier job...Infact after seeing some of that, I saved what I read, and since I visited their site , I sure dont want my IP adress identified as a possible supporter of these POS, so who knows where I can report this? and send off what I coppied. I have no problem taking point on this, and will make sure I distance myself from such types wherever they are found.

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

Peppercorn : the RCMP?

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

I quess your right, just thought there might be a more specific agency that watches hate sites.

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
(@scrounger)
Honorable Member

Owing to dificulties encountered in the last two events, only ICRCC and myself wild_E will be the people who have the final say and are the Official Organizers.

Since that forum is now wholly in charge of the Ontario Preparedness 2015 get together, maybe contact vendors, advertisers and presenters. See if they are supportive of all the goodness going on there. Here is the link.

http://ontariopreparedness.com/?page_id=770

ReplyQuote
(@scrounger)
Honorable Member

Seems like ICRCC loved Muslims when he was on this board..... or did he?

Postby ICRCC Β» Fri May 24, 2013 4:25 am

The vast majority of Muslims are peace loving people, period. There is a group within Muslims who wish to blend both politics and religion. This group are generally referred to as Islamists. The Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt for example is Islamist (so are Al Qaeda). What are generally termed Radical Islamists are the problem because of the steps they are prepared to take to archive their goal (Al Qaeda and the like). I have a friend who is a Muslim. He is not an Islamist; in fact if he was I would be worried as Sharia law is not appropriate in Canada.

Wonder if he still has that Muslim friend? Hope his cp chums don't find out 😳

icrcc at hotmail dot com

ICRCC

National Flag:
Canada

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network