May 17, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Media Requests TV Newspapers CBC

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Hello Folks;
There have been a lot of Media Requests in the last few months. Most of this is spawned by the US Doomsday Preppers and the like.

So far, I have been contacted by 3 different project people, from 3 different projects. I did assist and become involved in one of them as well, though have yet to see any material and even a rough draft of the final project.
Others have had contact and become in different projects, from this blog and from other blogs as well, all with less than satisfactory results.

So far the results have been less that expected, some were just OK, most were below standard or just not what we were told about. The US Shows have made the people out to be complete loonies, if not just plain Weirdos. There have also been some sever backlashes to the people involved, with everything from one guy being committed to a Psych ward for evaluation and a surgury performed against his will. He also had all his firearms taken, others have had death threats, and people showing up at their door demanding supplies for their poor families.

Thinking on the topic;
I will not become involved in another project until I see the finished end results of this project of the Bid to the CBC for their Documentary Channel. Remember even someone who is completely normal gives normal facts, figures and is quite mellow could also be edited to look like the proverbial Chicken Little, this all by editing and splicing.

Now I do not speak for the Forum, am not a Moderator (no time for that) these are just my thoughts and some thoughts for others to consider as well. Anita's long and detailed interview was buried in an Article by the Toronto Sun, buried under a Bunker Guy with lots of guns, kinda article. So far I have yet to see one Good - Concise - Normal and well articulated project, none that do not make the person look bad or do not rework the wording, take out of context, non that portray most if not all the people as Normal, just Prepping for a snow storm kinda thing.

Normal does not sell, Wackos and Weirdos as well as Bunker Types and the Sky is falling does!

my .02c to think about 💡
my suggestion, pass ➡

(@denob)
Member Admin

I had two requests for interviews last week. Both reporters were anxious to speak with me right away. I offered to do an interview later in time and asked for a list of questions to be sent in advance via email. Both reporters suddenly had other projects to work on. A piece of advice...when asked for an interview, request the questions in advance. This is a standard practice and no reporter should be unwilling to provide them. If they hesitate, be wary of their intentions.

ReplyQuote
(@listen2me)
Eminent Member

Loose lips...sink ships. Prepping is a covert operation to ensure success. Going overt like Doomsday Preppers is asking for trouble and serves no purpose for any of us in our endeavours. If I was asked for an interview I'd say "Huh? I hear old Twinkies will last forever".

"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on" T. Jefferson

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network