May 02, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Would Canada Welcome US Preppers Fleeing North?

15 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@listen2me)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I would welcome and assist kindred spirits especially with children in tow, but look out if you are wearing a uniform. We need to develop a system to identify each other once they are in. Their problem will be getting past the 49th. It is time to act now as tyranny has begun. Any ideas on how we can communicate and identify each other? The internet kill switch will have been activated by then. I know preppers are notoriously independent, bless their hearts, but we will need all who are awake.

"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on" T. Jefferson

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

suggestion;
I do not have time, but, try going to a place that sells pins, find something that is small, but distinctive. something that you might find anywhere, post an image/images and let us pick the one we like the most.

Then suggest places to get them. I would post this in the US forum after we pick as well, make sure someone there can find them easily. Big city's normally have places to pins easier.
just my .02c

ReplyQuote
(@dascribbler)
Estimable Member

Communications and a way to stay in touch in a Grid Down/SHTF/Internet Kill Switch Activated situation is fairly simple, not even close to private, but simple. HAM Radio.

I have looked at getting a HAM license a few times over the years but never actually did it. But... You don't need a license to buy the gear, you need a license to use it. In a SHTF/Grid Down scenerio I doubt they'll quibble over whether or not your licensed to use this type of Radio.

Simple enough, and the world will be listening.

DaScribbler

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Ham radios,
the US and Canadians have a technology that can deny all radio channels. I have seen it used 20 yrs ago in Germany.

That being said they will not block, jam forever and it can only cover so many miles, so this is a good idea. CB radios are useless, only good for up to 5 miles at the best of times.
predetermined radio channels will help as well. That way you do not have to spend endless hours searching channels, just tune it every night at 6 or 9pm to channel, etc. The resistance did that quite effectively in Europe in WWII, it is still a viable plan today, with some modifications.

ReplyQuote
(@listen2me)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks people, good ideas all. Looks like more backups to backups needed. I like the idea of a symbol be it on a pin, flag, bandana. Maybe the Canadian Preppers logo but I find it too busy. Something simple and quickly eye catching. The Confederate flag is fitting, but it has been used already. Any Graphic Artist Preppers willing to contribute? I agree to follow WildernessReturn on posting pics, we all should if you want to contribute. Presently researching...

"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on" T. Jefferson

ReplyQuote
(@greenguy)
Estimable Member

Here's my submission for a Prepper's badge. It's something most everyone would recognize, but few would make the connection to our group unless they really look close:

Also, I'd use the red background as above for CANADIAN Preppers. I'd use a blue background for USA Preppers. I'm a little apprehensive about having everyone wearing the same pin. Canadian and Americans are similar, but not the same. In a SHTF situation, I'd like to know what side of the border you came from.

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin

Interesting...I had already looked into getting pins made up for a giveaway at meetups, but there are minimum orders and such.
I have a bit of an idea though...
Many copy centers or photo centers will make pins for you.
You could simply take the logo from your country's forum (which would have to be remade in higher resolution) and have a pin made, say 1" round.
The cost for me to make a batch from a printer to pass out was too high, but maybe one at a time from a photo center would be more reasonable.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Also, I'd use the red background as above for CANADIAN Preppers. I'd use a blue background for USA Preppers. I'm a little apprehensive about having everyone wearing the same pin. Canadian and Americans are similar, but not the same. In a SHTF situation, I'd like to know what side of the border you came from.

I'm curious what you see as the difference between American preppers and Canadian preppers. I love picking people's brains...LOL

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin

I'm curious what you see as the difference between American preppers and Canadian preppers. I love picking people's brains...LOL

The only difference I can see is the gun laws we have to abide by.
But to answer the question in the title, there are certain American preppers that have been told they are welcome at my home. As a matter of fact, there is a Sleeman Honey Brown in the fridge at all times with North Idaho Patriot's name on it!

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

LOL... The first part of my post was a quote from Greenguy. I was asking him what his thoughts were. I agree there is little difference... Perhaps one potential difference would be the definition of prepper. In Canada maybe a little more laid back... less "organized"... whereas in the US.. the potential for "militia" types. Just a thought.

ReplyQuote
(@greenguy)
Estimable Member

To answer you guys, I first have to say that I have lots of family and some friends that are American. If I had to generalize, I'd say Americans are more outwardly patriotic, feel superior, but don't seem to value community as much. Expanding this thought to the American Prepper group, they seem to be waiting for America to fall so they can reclaim America from anything from leftist liberal governments, to atheists, to homosexuals, to immigrants, to you name it.
Again, I'm making a generalization here, but it's what I see.
So, theoretically speaking, if I had room in my life boat for one more person but there were two identical people standing there where one had a Canadian Prepper pin on and one had an American Prepper pin on then I'd pick the Canadian Prepper to save.
So, I wonder how many people I've offended with this?

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

To answer you Greenguy... hopefully you have not offended anyone. In the end we are all entitled to our beliefs, preferences and prejudices. These will all be based on our personal history and experiences. We are also entitled to the expression of said beliefs etc. In the end... we don't have to "like" or accept everyone into our personal space. Now.. how many people have I offended with THAT???

ReplyQuote
(@greenguy)
Estimable Member

Hey,
Here's another pin idea I had tonight! If nothing else, it's funny don't you think?

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Love It !!!!!!

ReplyQuote
 gPRS
(@gprs)
Estimable Member

I love the Dr. Pepper pun - pin intended. πŸ˜†

=============================================
Is what you say worth at least a Canadian nickel now?
Cause two cents ain't worth squat anymore !
----
Self-sufficient is good. Co-efficient is better.
=============================================

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network