May 17, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

members in Quebec

76 Posts
28 Users
0 Reactions
24.8 K Views
(@denob)
Member Admin

Hey Jakes,
always glad to see another Quebeker...and especially one from my home town!

ReplyQuote
Adagio
(@adagio)
Reputable Member

Welcome jakes67.

ReplyQuote
(@conroy85)

New prepper right here! Having a young son makes me want to be able and ready to protect my family
From "la petite nation" not far from Gatineau
Nice to see there's already a community of people that are getting ready for when shtf
Have a great day!

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin

Hey Conroy, welcome to the forum!
Always glad to see another Quebecer on the board.
I love the Petit Nation region...we just went camping in St-Andre Avelin a few weeks ago.
Too bad you just missed the Eastern Ontario meet...a lot of us Quebecers check that one out.
Hope to hear from you often.

ReplyQuote
(@angie121176)

Hi peppers ,name is Angie I'm from des laurentides Québec .I have been prepping for some time now but never met anyone else doing that. Are there any meet ups? Thank you

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin

Hi Angie,
I'm right next door to you in the Lanaudiere.
We usually do a spring coffee meet & greet, but I may do a fall one this year too.
We've been looking for a quiet and private place to do some real meets, but so far, the only good lead I have is near Thetford Mines...a bit far for most.
Don't worry, I'll keep everyone posted on this.
Welcome to the forum

ReplyQuote
(@tharkun)

Hi all,

I'm from Europe but moved to Canada a while back. I kind of see myself as a Montrealer now. I used to live on the west island but moved to the off island to the west a while back now. I still work in Montreal but I was never someone that liked living in cities. I like big cities for the work opportunities and amenities they provide (like a university ;)) but you'd have to beat me to live in one (west island doesn't count as big city to me unless you live in the wrong parts).

While looking for how to grow and preserve food yourself it's almost inevitable to come across prepping. I'm not what some non preppers would call a "crazy prepper" by any standard but I'd like to be prepared to live in a less comfortable world than most of us live in today because I can see times that resemble what my great grandparents had to live through coming back to us if we're not very careful. I don't think I have to discard all the other nice things life can offer though until it actually happens, so I don't live in the middle of nowhere. So I grow food in the garden, I try to learn how to preserve it and I buy all other foodstuffs in bulk. I love cooking anyway so none of this is really about buying any 70 year shelf life overpriced prepper food but more about sustainable living under possibly less fortunate circumstances. I'm much too close to a city of millions of people to be able to survive the "zombie apocalypse" without moving away but anything short enough or not bad enough to make it that should now be OK. You know, if the power goes out in an ice storm or such things. It actually happened last year here for a bit more than 24 hours. But at least I'll have some time to leave while they blow up the bridges to the island so the zombies can't easily get to us 😉

As a European I actually like the life in Quebec compared the rest of North America minus the PQ and OQLF and anyone that complains about government and taxes and such in NA will probably enjoy a nice debate with me when we get to actually comparing taxation systems, health insurance systems and such to some European countries.

Anyone else living west of the Montreal island or close by?

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin

Welcome to the forum tharkun, glad to see another member from Quebec

ReplyQuote
Adagio
(@adagio)
Reputable Member

Always nice to see another member from quebec. Welcome aboard

ReplyQuote
(@mtlcruisin)
Eminent Member

Tharkun,

I live in Dollard. Where off the island do you live?

ReplyQuote
(@buefordtj)

Hi All,
From the eastern townships originally. Living in the West Island now. Looking forward to the next meet & greet.

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin

Welcome to the board buefordTJ, glad to see another Quebecer here...and a fellow former Townshipper to boot!

ReplyQuote
Adagio
(@adagio)
Reputable Member

welcome buefordTJ

ReplyQuote
(@tharkun)

Tharkun,

I live in Dollard. Where off the island do you live?

Hey just saw this. We are in St Lazare and frequently come to the west island, like DDO and around. Nice to see some other people around here.

ReplyQuote
(@protector)
Estimable Member

Anyone from Abitibi? If you have at least two weeks of water for you and your family at 1 gal per person. I'd like to have a coffee with you at Tim hortons.

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 6
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network