May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Ontario and quebec ice storm this past weekend

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Here’s hoping many got the message and used recent and ongoing ice storm to prep for next event. Piddly outages of short durations but enough to cause a bit of discomfort.

Have to admit, I almost wish that the power would go out for a solid five days in the cities. I say almost because I wouldn’t want to see sick or elderly to suffer but if it could only hit the na sayers, I would be happy. Give people a good dose of what could come and how ill prepared everyone is. Maybe just maybe people would focus on important things like infrastructure and stop pretending the gov will come to the rescue
I didn’t even have as much as a brown out.

PrepHer
(@prepher)
Prominent Member

Shockingly, our power only went out for 20 seconds! My son and his family were out for a day and a half. When my teenage granddaughter came over for a shower, I gave her the grand tour of being prepared for the ice storm (which we knew about in advance): filled up buckets of water in the bathtub (for flushing); more filled up jugs of drinking water in the kitchen, firewood brought in ~ fire in the cookstove (as usual); etc. haha. They went into the city and bought a generator after 8 hours! And enjoyed their 'camp-out' in front of their fireplace for the night.
Many folks had a real wake-up call about living without electricity...... 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Your right when you say a little camp out. When i talk to people whowhere affected by ice storm, they get all excited about their one to five hour outage and how terrible it was.
Certainly see a spike in generators out on the floors of hardware stores. People are buying them, just not sure how much fresh gas they always have for them. Lol
Sadly, i fear we need more reminders

ReplyQuote
(@jimbo-jones)
Estimable Member

Well think of how many will be up for sale hardly used !

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Well think of how many will be up for sale hardly used !

True enough

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network