May 15, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Gamechanger

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@scrounger)
Honorable Member

Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

Very cool! Too bad it doesn't seem to be for sale anywhere?

None you improvise, one (or more) is luxury.

ReplyQuote
(@tazweiss)
Honorable Member

Mesopaper filters are sold on Amazon.

Those who are unwilling to defend freedom, will become unfree.

ReplyQuote
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

It's not listed on Amazon.ca. I did however find it on Amazon.com, but this item does not ship to Canada. I'm interested in a source of supply, if you have one.

ReplyQuote
(@farmgal)
Member Moderator

Well, that's just clever indeed.. now to figure out where to get them in Canada..

http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

ReplyQuote
(@kootenay-kid)
Reputable Member

I am interested in them also, but can't find a Canadian source.

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin

Buy them direct from the company here:
https://mesofilter.com/
$20.00 US flat rate shipping to Canada

ReplyQuote
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

Although this product claims to filter viruses, this as a bit deceiving. From the information provided by the manufacture:

"Mesoporous (about 40-60 nanometer (nm)) material is used to make MesoNose granules. The paper is made of three layers sandwiched with MesoNose powder wrapped in bamboo fibers. When water passes through Mesopaper it adsorbs and seals the arsenic and lead, immobilizing the toxic metals, and inactivating bacteria and viruses."

Viruses are infectious particles about 100 times smaller than bacteria and can only be observed by electron microscopy. Virions (single virus particles), are 20–250 nanometers in diameter. This is between 0.02 and 0.25 microns. This is too small for any water filter that I'm aware of.

It would appear that this filter could filter out some viruses, but clearly the pours are too large to stop viruses that are smaller in size. I did however find it interesting that the paper can filter out radiation particles. A nice bonus.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network