May 15, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Is 8' sand point safe or deeper

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Sage
(@sage)
Topic starter  

I have a high water table, 2' and the hole fills up. I have all the pipe to go 15 to 20 feet (this is for sand point) but is that necessary? Would 8' suffice?

(@term0shad)
Estimable Member

Depending on what your building. More wieght of a wall decide allot to footings and distance of footings and how deep you might need to go. But might be wrong on what your talking about. If a well deeper the better. Plus if that get water tested before you drink it.

ReplyQuote
Adagio
(@adagio)
Reputable Member

I agree. The deeper the better. Just hope you don't hit rock. At 8 feet you're still dealing with ground water and it will more than likely not pass for drinking water without a good filtering system. You could pour javex or hydrogen peroxide around the standpoint and leave it for a couple of days and then take a sample to get tested. By doing this it may pass the water test.

It all depends what you need your water for. If your building a permanent residence the rules are fairly strict. Every district is different but where I am we need 3 gallons a minute and it has to pass the test. If not you need an ultraviolet type filter. Check with your district health unit..

ReplyQuote
Adagio
(@adagio)
Reputable Member

I agree. The deeper the better. Just hope you don't hit rock. At 8 feet you're still dealing with ground water and it will more than likely not pass for drinking water without a good filtering system. You could pour javex or hydrogen peroxide around the standpoint and leave it for a couple of days and then take a sample to get tested. By doing this it may pass the water test.

It all depends what you need your water for. If your building a permanent residence the rules are fairly strict. Every district is different but where I am we need 3 gallons a minute and it has to pass the test. If not you need an ultraviolet type filter. Check with your district health unit for the rules in your area.

ReplyQuote
 Sage
(@sage)
Topic starter  

Thank you termOshad and Adagio , I'm putting 2 sand points in, one for horses and one closer to house for emergency. No rocks all sand. Have the pipes to go 15 feet + well point. First attempt, I bent one pipe from using a sledge hammer. It's almost impossible to find extensions for my auger (all hand equipment). Heading to hardware store tomorrow for ideas.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network