May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

A Shouts Out to Peppercorn

12 Posts
8 Users
0 Reactions
cernunnos5
(@cernunnos5)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I may be breaching Prepper trust here and I hope peppercorn will forgive me.
Peppercorn just got hit with some big scary medical issues that we will all face at some point. I thought it would be good if we all showed some support while he is resting. Community and all.

I didn't know what to make of peppercorn when he first showed up. He was a mechanically inclined person that tore thing apart, saw there inefficiencies and went about making them more Resilient. An out of the box thinker. A very necessary prepper skill set. Over time I realised , like me, he was an Oldschool Survivalist that had been at this for a while, and also like myself, eventually read the standard handbook of survivalist practices and went, "This isn't particularly the best advice". Being an out of the box thinker, he decided to go all prepper and , ( tore things apart , saw their inefficiencies and went about making them more Resilient. ). Some of you might have noticed that he and I are up to a lot of the same things. Its well appreciated on my part so I don't always feel like such a Alien. I hope Pepercorn gets well soon.

I also posted this over in the Alberta Board just incase anyone there may have met him personally and wants to show some community support. Well wishes but also the more practical support. Firewood always needs to be cut. Food always needs to be harvested.

OK IPN. Lets show some "Prepper Love"

I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

(@villager)
Reputable Member

He's gone quite far in building his space very economically, and i hope he's got his crib set up with reliable stove etc. I feel a kinship with him as well, and would support him in his neighborhood if there. I muse sometimes how i would fare if i were in a similar situation, and fairly remote, with a knee or back injury, or a wound i could not treat myself adequately. Hence, i continue to work on the community scenario large enough to easily accommodate such situations. Only a decade ago, i thought i would do this alone, but it's too risky now. Hope there's still a choice.
Wishing you the best, Peppercorn!!

ReplyQuote
Adagio
(@adagio)
Reputable Member

I don’t know peppercorn personally (we live at different ends of the country), but enjoy reading his posts. Anyone within the community having a difficult time has my support even if only in my thoughts. I hope things level out and that you are back to your old self soon.

ReplyQuote
(@quietman)
Estimable Member

Having never met him either I will say that he is part of this community and I extend my best wishes, and hope he can overcome the ailment.

I'm guessing that if he can he will beat it off with a stick and grind it into submission and eventually total defeat!

Charge On Peppercorn!!

Hmmm, maybe I should rethink the quiet part...

ReplyQuote
(@quietman)
Estimable Member

Since Laughter IS the best medicine...

In the future when those who have prepared are in a location and concerned with security, there may come a time when someone tries to breach your security.
It is important to keep your wits about you and allow cooler heads to prevail, while not giving in to something you don't stand for.
Remember as in the picture, not all issues are black and white.

ReplyQuote
(@quietman)
Estimable Member

If there is someone in your group or circle of friends who can pass on some hand to hand self defense tactics it would be beneficial to ask them for this help. If not paying a professional for training is well worth the price.

ReplyQuote
(@quietman)
Estimable Member

Physical and mental preparation is as important as any other. It is important now, but after SHTF it will show it'self quickly who was ready and who was not.

ReplyQuote
(@quietman)
Estimable Member

Hope you had some giggles Peppercorn.

ReplyQuote
(@learner)
Reputable Member

Best wishes for you to overcome your medical issues Peppercorn.

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin

All I can offer from half way across the country is moral support...but I offer as much of that as I have!
Here's thinkin' about you Peppercorn!

ReplyQuote
(@kootenay-kid)
Reputable Member

You are in our hearts, as well, Peppercorn!

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

Thanks guys, but im doing fine actually, just pissed off they wont let me go, bored out of my gord....im the healthest one here....usual story heart pain, ok big pain...made it to a near by hospital half hour away, then by ambulance straight to the operating room in edmonton, they say I had 100 percent blockage in one of the blood things in the heart. must have been a year in building up or more cause I feel better than I have in along time. Im the youngest one here, and the healthyest...they just cant get my anr level up, in fact they increased the warfrin and it went down, doesnt make since and they wont let me leave until it hits2. but I was reading in the medication literature that alchool will boost your anr reading if taking warfin....I am going to go and discuss this with the doc.....I wonder if I could get it prescribed...wouldnt that be something?

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network