May 17, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Another Act of Terrorism.

47 Posts
12 Users
0 Reactions
(@siberios)
Trusted Member

The fact is that a man was killed in a horribly brutal way by two other men. Because of the circumstances made the news. It is just wrong to group religions, race etc based solely on the actions of a deranged minority.
JAB may have his facts straight but the fact that he chose to paint all Islamics was morally wrong in the same way I would be wrong by blaming other groups for insane activities by a few of their members.
I am hoping that he is isolated in his opinion here and that this group isn't labelled by his discriminatory comments! That would be a shame as I definitely don't believe that could be true!

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I will say it again this heinous act was driven by radical religious and political ideology it was not a random act of violence. It is NOTHING to do with race. Unfortunately the world is not a peaceful and serene place. There are those out there that mean us harm just because of our way of life and our beliefs. If you do not want to read about what is happening in other parts of the world only then read those sections of the forum that will not offend you. Jab’s comments were a warning to all based on the facts that he presented and current trends. If it offends you then give it some thought and move on to another thread. Do not respond by resorting to name calling.

The comments labeling members racist are uncalled for and will not be tolerated.

ReplyQuote
(@rabbitteeth)
Estimable Member

I'm with Phuqd here. I haven't mentioned racism, but I have mentioned hate speech. JAB's posts directly single out Muslims, not fundamentalists. ICRCC, that should never be a position worthy of defending. I signed up for a prepper board, and I can tolerate conspiracy theories and half baked inventions, but I didn't sign up for rhetoric that mirrors that which led to the Holocaust.

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin

OK folks...
The allegations made are very serious ones, which could lead to a member being permanently banned.
I now have the monumental task of reviewing Canadian law, gathering opinions and interpretations of the moderators, and making a decision.
I assure you all that this process has been undertaken, however, it cannot be completed in just a few minutes.
Racism will not be the subject, as there are no comments towards a specific race, however, discrimination based on religion will be the issue.
No action will be taken against any member until the issue has been thoroughly looked in to.
In the mean time, I will lock this thread down until a decision is made.

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin

In response to the allegations of racism, or discrimination, after over 2 hours of consideration, including researching Canadian law, the following has been determined:

JustABear is entitled to his beliefs, and is also entitled to state them as well as debate them, which includes attempting to convince others. In order to be guilty of discrimination, one must deny specific goods, services, or fair distribution of rules. To be guilty of enticing discrimination, on must entice others to deny specific goods, services, or fair distribution of rules. In my opinion, after having carefully considered the law, JustABear is not guilty of discrimination and no action shall be taken.

Accusations of this nature can be severely damaging and should be carefully considered before making them.

ReplyQuote
(@phuqd)
Estimable Member

My issue was not with the original post, but with the how it was immediately derailed, in an entirely unacceptable way.
There is no word in the English language that is defined as discrimination against religion.
While some may rely on dictionary.com for the definition of racism to justify their ignorance and bigotry, the rest of us are relying on common sense and better judgement.
To discriminate, generalize, and vilify any group based on skin colour, sexual orientation, religion, etc... is not acceptable.
RT had it right that this is nothing more than hate speech. I didn't join a KKK forum.
At the very least this thread should be deleted.
I don't know if others feel the same, but I don't feel the value that I get from this site, is more important than my values.
And while not intended as a threat, if this is considered acceptable practice on this forum, I will be removing myself from it.

ReplyQuote
(@siberios)
Trusted Member

I agree with Phuqd and RabbitTeeth. The original post was fine. ICRCC called it like it was, a terrible crime BUT the perpetrators needed to be seen for what they were. Murderers!

Common sense and better judgement dictated a response to what appeared to me as bigotry and discrimination. If this leads to me being permanently banned because of my opinion then so be it.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Phuqd it is unfortunate that you choose to take this course action. The original post was a report on current events. Other posts reported on definable trends within a group that are evident in societies around the world. No one was suggesting that these trends are applicable to all those of Muslim faith. To suggest otherwise is ludicrous.

The Forum exists so that information, experiences and views can be exchanged. This exchange must be civil and with respect to other members who make contributions. Unfortunately some members who disagreed with comments made resorted to name calling.

A direct attack against other members and name calling is something that will not be tolerated.

Deleting the thread because a member does not personally agree with it is not going to happen. Some may choose exercise their right to withdraw which will allow the rest of us to continue a conversation in an adult and polite manner.

Siberious no one is being banned here but exchanges will be civil and polite.

ReplyQuote
oldschool
(@oldschool)
Noble Member

ICRCC stated...."The perpetrators may describe themselves as Islamists but they should be seen for what they are, delusional murderous scum and should be dealt with accordingly."
These terms are synonymous with one another.

MAKE NO MISTAKE. Forget your Liberal brainwashing and the crap espoused by the lamestream media. The West is AT WAR with the political ideology of Islam and things are only beginning. The more they are allowed to infiltrate and subvert our culture for their own purposes the more at risk we are. This IS NOT about 'tolerance' or acceptance or cultural diversity. This is about the survival of our countries, our culture and our way of life. People in the West need to get their heads out of their asses and begin to see it for what it is and address it before they are overwhelmed by the over 1,000,000,000 Muslims. In EVERY country they emigrate to they are a scourge of crime, form ghettos that make no effort to assimilate into the existing culture and become a disproportionate drain on the social welfare system. BE AWARE AND TREAT THEM ACCORDINGLY.

JAB

I took offence to this. I will not debate the point or justify my stand....I just wanted it noted

ReplyQuote
(@bettersafe)
Trusted Member

I second what oldschool said.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I took offence to this. I will not debate the point or justify my stand....I just wanted it noted

It is a well know fact you would take offence to anything JAB - Just A Bear or myself posts !
noted

All acts of Terrorism are Cowardly acts no matter what Race or Religion the so called HUMANS are from. Groups or people from any religion that espouse violence against another for slightest of reasons, or dance in the street in front of TV cameras to celebrate acts of cowardice, acts of violence or acts of cowardly terrorism need to be treated with a firm hand.

Many of my former Military buddies, some highly injured while overseas in Afghanistan or other places know that there are whole groups of Muslims fighting extremism Islamists, they are paying the highest t of prices to do so. Many of my injured and non injured former Military personnel, have valued friends and associates who are Muslim whom they think very highly of. I myself have a couple of Muslim friends, born in Canada who are the nicest of people with great sense of humour, they do not like the things they see either nor do they agree with them.

There are statistics that do point out the facts presented as accurate despite some thinking they are racists for pointing them out. Some in this thread could also be seen as against the US for posting all those USA stats as well, potato potatoo..

If you can not debate and must mud sling and say your going to leave the forum because someone said something you do not like, well see ya .. (my opinion, not the forum)

I BELIEVE IN CENSORSHIP, you're an Adult, censor what you want to read, if you do not want to read it, move along, read something else ! If you only comment because you have an issue with someone that is wrong as well. Contribute in a polite way with statistics or with open debate, calling someone Racist for stating their opinion on what they see or stats they read is juvenile.
(ps .. waiting for my personal stalker to pop up again after a long away period to make some trite childish comment to this post,... saying.. HI Hi how are you long time no stalk, missed you, hope everything is well, take care ! )

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin

Hey WildE...long time no speak!

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

awww man.. you're not my stalker !
but.. Hellooooooo

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)