February 27, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna CPN Forum Returns

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Pandemic

42 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
PrepHer
(@prepher)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

You have to watch this amazing BBC Documentary "Pandemic"............ Wow! Pay attention at 33:34 minutes and the Preppers ........
http://www.youtube.com/embed/6GTclTRQvLw

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

it was a fairly good documentary.
The explanation on why the bird flue, jumping species and the bodies overreaction was quite clearly stated and scary at the same time.
the preppers were ok!

ReplyQuote
(@underprepared)
Estimable Member

Good video! I like watching videos while I'm (supposed to be) working. I couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to eat MRE's for four months. Still, the video brings up and reinforces the problem of the delay between pandemic and vaccination. It seems that the new H7N9 is transmittable from human to human, although currently at a very low rate. If that virus manages to improve it's viability in transmission then we've got a problem. That particular virus doesn't seem to elicit a strong immune response from its human host, therefore our bodies aren't recognizing it as a threat until the infection has really taken over. If you can't get your body to create antibodies to fight the active infection, then you can't get your body to build resistance to a non-active form of the virus in a vaccination.
Hmmmm.....

ReplyQuote
(@livingpower)
Reputable Member

I will definitely take a look at this video later, AFTER I am done working πŸ˜‰ There is also MERS, the new SARS-like virus found in the Middle East, which appears to have a higher fatality rate, at 50% of known cases. This also appears to be transmitted person-to-person slightly easier than H7N9. Plus, the month of Haj in October will see millions of people flock to Saudi Arabia for pilgrimage and if they don't have things under control, it could have devastating effects if these pilgrims then bring the disease back to their countries of residence.

ReplyQuote
 Syn
(@syn)
Reputable Member

Certainly being prepared for all these different things does overlap; having some basic medical supplies , linens , sundries , food and water...
I was firstly thinking what I would need to get through a flu ( not even one requiring hospitalization ) coursing through a family say over a months time , then I think it merely touched on the implications of what happens when people do not show up for work . When hospital staff cannot deal with it, when police , delivery truckers , firemen, sanitation workers , electrical linesmen , all those parties that make our world what it is , do not shop up to do their jobs. Just sanitation I should think there would be an increased amount of rodents and insects to deal with ? It seems to me that this requires a lot deeper thinking .
What happens when nuclear plant staff don't show up or work? Do they have contingency planning to keep teams of staff provided for on site to keep them running say through a pandemic ?

ReplyQuote
PrepHer
(@prepher)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I think that this documentary has been successful in stimulating thought and even discussion about all the points you've made Syn. The BBC would need a series of documentaries to cover ALL the scenerios...... πŸ˜‰

ReplyQuote
PrepHer
(@prepher)
Prominent Member

ReplyQuote
(@livingpower)
Reputable Member

So now apparently the H7N9 virus has become resistant to our anti-viral flu treatments so we have no defence against it. With the warm months here, they think it is not over, but could come back when fall and winter comes again. If that happens and with no drugs to counter it the S might HTF.

ReplyQuote
(@frugalcanadaprepper)
Trusted Member

http://www.who.int/csr/don/2013_06_05/en/index.html

World Health Organization Middle East Respiratory Syndrome update. Of 54 infected, 30 are dead. Dr.`s office in town had a notice that if you are experiencing respiratory problems and have recently been to or have come in contact with anyone from the Middle East to phone them before entering to take appropriate cautions.

Eeekkkk. 😯

β€œThe ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world that it leaves to its children.”
― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

ReplyQuote
(@livingpower)
Reputable Member

AND, frugalcanadaprepper, there will be millions flocking to the Middle East this fall for the Islamic Hajj, increasing the risk of spreading the disease worldwide. Another eeeekkkkk! 😯

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Certainly being prepared for all these different things does overlap; having some basic medical supplies , linens , sundries , food and water...
I was firstly thinking what I would need to get through a flu ( not even one requiring hospitalization ) coursing through a family say over a months time , then I think it merely touched on the implications of what happens when people do not show up for work . When hospital staff cannot deal with it, when police , delivery truckers , firemen, sanitation workers , electrical linesmen , all those parties that make our world what it is , do not shop up to do their jobs. Just sanitation I should think there would be an increased amount of rodents and insects to deal with ? It seems to me that this requires a lot deeper thinking .
What happens when nuclear plant staff don't show up or work? Do they have contingency planning to keep teams of staff provided for on site to keep them running say through a pandemic ?

Came across your post ( hope your still around and active). Well you nailed things real good back in 2013👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 It’s one of the things that many people are learning these dayS

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Looks like Europe may be looking at the second wave. If the case, will we be visited for end of September..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8646411/Germany-records-highest-number-coronavirus-cases-April.html

Some interesting events going on with the timings around CERB, Prorogation of government. Could be just a coincidence and some may say due to the WE scandal but I think it’s more likely a result of anticipated new wave of shutdowns, financial initiatives and preparing for A long fall, winter, spring and summer. Any scandals will be quickly forgotten if that wave crashes ashore.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

In Ontario, cases are jumping up, over 400 reported today. Premier shrank personal group sizes in ottawa, TO and peel region.

Ottawa health said it looks like we are in second wave

Despite decades of being told what is needed to handle emergencies, the fools in charge ( nice description) don’t only not have enough test centres, they have people lined up outside from 05:00 to try and get in. By 09:00 this morning they had already reached max capacity πŸ˜† 😳 πŸ˜† 😳 πŸ˜† 😳 πŸ˜† 😳

Silly open party tents are being used to screen and test people.
Here’s a hint ! Cease all sports and use the arenas.... call a real estate firm and ask if you can rent a warehouse space............ β€œAtco” type trailers One uses for temp school classes ( there’s a hint why we can’t plan properly) could have been setup this summer and be able to handle people in a safe, warm and dry environment. So easy to do it’s laughable. Guess the geniuses haven’t figured out it will rain, be cold, snow.... any day now and must think we are in the desert or something. Result will be people just won’t show up in a storm or cold and just stay home and spread the love. β€œOh it’s likely just a little cold dear, let’s go out and get some cough syrup and some lettuce!

We are still allowing international flights and of course domestic ones as well.

We had all summer to prep for the easy to predict second wave and instead we look like a laurel and hardy skit.

Hope people have their stuff organized because I wouldn’t want to be counting on those in charge. It’s going to be a longggg fall, winter, spring and summer. Let’s not forget there will likely be three waves and the second and third should be worse then the first.

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin

Same thing here in Quebec, over 400 cases per day for almost a week now.
Second wave begins now.(actually about a week ago)
Quebec is putting restrictions on a region by region basis instead of closing down the whole province.
We adopted a color coding system, green, yellow, orange, and red. Pretty self explanitory.
Still have lots of repair projects around the house, but the lumber yards are not cooperating.
I haven't been able to buy a pressure treated 4 x 4 in 2 months.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Cracks me up.
https://nypost.com/2020/09/24/covid-19-mutation-may-be-evolving-to-bypass-masks-hand-washing/

Why does it crack me up? Because it was easy to predict and therefore plan for.

We can’t even get people off the streets and elements for testing. Not enough tests, feds are sitting on quick test process that many G8 nations are using. We still allow international and domestic travel! Seriously, allow people from high number provinces like quebec and ontario to travel to other cities is to be polite, moronic.

Guessing the fools will eventually wake up but till then, our poor planning and beyond slow, poorly communicated and disjointed response will continue the exasperate the situation and lead to people trusting less and less what they are told. In security type world, credibility of ones source/s is key.

So will the soon to maybe be released vaccines, that haven’t undergone proper testing from companies held harmless for any and all reactions be effective for this new strain or will we need to restart? Guessing the untested vaccines may help, but is the cost worth it? Talking hundreds of billions here. Fake printed money that people will need to pay back but could have been better spent more intelligently.

It’s a clown show on steroids, buckle up your efforts because the rides going to start getting weird and very bumpy

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network