April 24, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

cyber attack

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@dougm)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Heads Up! Massive worldwide cyber attacks, happening now. A reactor in the Ukraine may be included.

(@thecrownsown)
Prominent Member

This is an interesting topic. 10 years ago who would have thought it would be "on the radar".....

I'm hearing more about this from people who dont prep vs. those who do. That is what is getting my attention vs. the usual doomsday reactions to the news of the week. (Thanks Alex Jones for selling crazy..)

Today a hospital registrar, tomorrow who knows. From the limited chatter I've heard from tech guys even an electrical grid down situation is a possibility. Perhaps only days, weeks..perhaps months...but still something that is not unbelievable. What if finances are affected? Logistics? The largest shipping fleet was interrupted last week from the latest global cyber attack...

An interesting topic for sure...where to start...and how would it even change current preparations?

https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738

ReplyQuote
(@dougm)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Not exactly a cyber attack, but someone cut 2 fiber optic cables and took down the phones, ATMs even some airports in eastern Canada. I would love to see a detailed report. It blows me away how fragile and interconnected we are today.

ReplyQuote
(@dougm)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Fire Eye got hacked, they had back doors to a lot of government and business systems.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

LOTSSSSSSSS of companies are hacked. Some don’t know it and the others keep it quite as it’s a major embarrassment and threat to revenue streams or stock values or in the case of government, confidence.

Don’t wish to simply throw a number out there I can’t prove but boy, based on my small world of detailed knowledge and hands on experience I would say the real incidents are at least fifty times or more and I went low!

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network