May 14, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Evidence of world stock market crash

23 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

I know this is a stock market crash thread but as I don't take conventional economics seriously, I am more concerned of a food crash. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-46886798

This is Australia....50 degrees celcius...how do you grow food at such temps?? I know what high temps did to my garden last year...temperature swings like this don't bode well feeding a population heading to over 10 billion.

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I don’t think you can grow much of anything we are prepped for. Options are?

ReplyQuote
squizzy
(@squizzy)

2020 is the real deal where most of it will happen .. all have seen the gold prices and that is just for starters ..

ReplyQuote
(@thecrownsown)
Prominent Member

Gold is going up. Gold has always been a retreat during recessions and financial uncertainty. We are long overdue for a market correction, and it could happen this year. As for a major crash or economic apocalypse...doubtful. Life will carry on.

https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738

ReplyQuote
squizzy
(@squizzy)

Gold is going up. Gold has always been a retreat during recessions and financial uncertainty. We are long overdue for a market correction, and it could happen this year. As for a major crash or economic apocalypse...doubtful. Life will carry on.

well said thecrownsown .. 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

gold is usually a good thing to have. dont laught at me but i was watching a tapped show of pawn stars and a guy brought in two packs given to aircrew. sealed case containing a few gold coins and rings, four of each. worth in today's value, something like 1,400 US. says a lot about the value of bribes and being able to be used to get you out of occupied territory and a currency that is always valuable.

who knows when the crash will occur and its severity.

as to life carrying on, your correct, just what level of life remains to be seen. A person may live without a leg or even all for limbs. I prefer to focus on not getting anywhere near that level of "carrying on" 2008 was i believe a tiny precursor to what befall us and when you look around, personal, corporate and government debt is way up there. Lots of triggers can cause things to rely spiral out of control and while life will indeed carry on, its at what level and how long the misery will last that keeps me up at night, well that and binding legs 😆 .
regardless, we do what we think is best and do indeed carry on up the Kyber

ReplyQuote
squizzy
(@squizzy)

gold is usually a good thing to have. dont laught at me but i was watching a tapped show of pawn stars and a guy brought in two packs given to aircrew. sealed case containing a few gold coins and rings, four of each. worth in today's value, something like 1,400 US. says a lot about the value of bribes and being able to be used to get you out of occupied territory and a currency that is always valuable.

who knows when the crash will occur and its severity.

as to life carrying on, your correct, just what level of life remains to be seen. A person may live without a leg or even all for limbs. I prefer to focus on not getting anywhere near that level of "carrying on" 2008 was i believe a tiny precursor to what befall us and when you look around, personal, corporate and government debt is way up there. Lots of triggers can cause things to rely spiral out of control and while life will indeed carry on, its at what level and how long the misery will last that keeps me up at night, well that and binding legs 😆 .
regardless, we do what we think is best and do indeed carry on up the Kyber

way back in the early 80's, when gold was sitting around the $400.00 mark per ounce .. I had every opportunity to pick up the odd ounce or two.. it's in many cases rare for young heads to have a firm grip on real tangible assets. In most cases .. the new family and the new house chews up all there is spare with very little left over.. hence the great credit card scam, working 2 - 3 jobs , always on the hunt for extra cash ... which really only leaves the older generation with any form of assets and savings, pretty much forming the majority next to the corporate s. However if to many of the corporate s fall over, which certainly seems to be the trend on a global scale at the moment.. then all of a sudden the only folks who have assets or money is the older generation.. Australia I don't believe will be affected at all for quite some time. The work which will now be available on a National scale due to the damage caused by the fires, not to mention all the supplies needed to restock and rebuild is in the Trillions. Reasonable breathing space for at least 5 years excepting any major catastrophe or potential foreign invasion.

ReplyQuote
(@scrounger)
Honorable Member

Trillions? Number I heard is closer to 230 billion.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network