May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

unsure what guns to buy

20 Posts
10 Users
0 Reactions
Buggie
(@buggie)
Honorable Member

Why not a glock in .357 and the marlin in .357.

Then you only have to buy one caliber.

See you all after.

ReplyQuote
(@maple-leaf-pilgrim)
Estimable Member

Why not a glock in .357 and the marlin in .357.

Then you only have to buy one caliber.

The Glock is in .357 SIG, which is a throated down rimless calibre, whereas the Marlin is a straight wall revolver round.

-S.

"It's not what you have, but what you have done".

-S.

ReplyQuote
(@moraguy)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

You beat me to it Maple leaf... lol.

ReplyQuote
Buggie
(@buggie)
Honorable Member

Woops I stand corrected 😀

See you all after.

ReplyQuote
(@glockman1)
Estimable Member

If I may chime in here...

If that combo are your only guns, I would suggest going with readily available common ammo (9mm, .22, .308, 410 and 12 gauge and even .223 or 7.62x39). You'll be more likely to find some at the local ammo place or find someone (a farmer, cop, gun enthusiast) from whom you could buy or trade for. Having 2 guns shooting the same ammo is good if you have a few guns, but if you only have a pair in say .357, you may be out of luck if your stash runs out.

I agree with Helico. Pick easy to get calibres/gauges. Not only is the ammo more readily available, it is cheaper. While your plan to use common ammo with your guns is sound, common ammo with your group/traders may be better.

GM1

Chance favours the prepared mind

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network