May 02, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Canadian Prepper ID Pin

28 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@denob)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I did some checking into the cost of producing a 3" round embroidered patch of our logo.
Estimates put it around $4.00 each.
I kind of agree with Girlcancan about the Canadian Preppers Network thing too...
I reached out to another group to try to get some sort of consensus into it, but instead of cooperating and discussin, they seem to have chosen a design on their own and gone with it.
So here is the question...
Are we looking for something that ALL preppers could use, or something specific to our group only?
Another issue that has been raised in other forums is can you really trust someone just because they are a member of a forum?
Sure, we have a great bunch of people here, but if push comes to shove, would there be a few that would use this ID badge to identify targets to steal from?
Just some thoughts.

ReplyQuote
Adagio
(@adagio)
Reputable Member

There seems to be a growing interest in a prepper badge...a triangle within a circle that is gaining in popularity.
Maybe this might be the way to go.
The problem is, whatever group is inadvertantly left out of the process, may object...
just a couple of thoughts.

I think the badge is a nice idea but think the pin is a better choice as it is inter-changable from one piece of clothing to another. The badge needs to be sewn on and not everyone is willing to wear a patch on their jacket (or whatever). You might want to think of providing both options, but then it becomes more costly. Just a thought.

ReplyQuote
(@farmgal)
Member Moderator

Right or wrongly (I have nothing against the pin or pins or patches or ? ) but I can't see myself wearing it now or later, I don't think it would make me any more "open" to a stranger, now, it just means that they are a member of the board but as unproven as anyone else I meet in my day to day life, afterwards, even more unlikely to be taken at face value, did they get given the jacket, did they steal the jacket or worst let, kill the person for the jacket that has the patch or pin on it.

Reminds me to a point of traveling, and seeing a Canadian flag sewn on a backpack, how many times did I stop them and go.. Canadian eh, only to be told, no, USA, but Canada had the better rap and so they were treated better..

Great idea and for those that would trust it, great, for myself, one of those I can see the good and the not so good on this one. (don't shoot me for showing a slightly different way of thinking!)

http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

ReplyQuote
Adagio
(@adagio)
Reputable Member

True this is not for everyone. And I would venture to say that most will not wear this openly. More than likely mosst would put it in a less conspicuous place.
I still think it is a good idea.

ReplyQuote
gypsy_wanderer_husky
(@gypsy_wanderer_husky)

I would most likely fall to the side wantin the pin.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

ReplyQuote
(@girlcancan)
Estimable Member

I like the pin rather than the patch. I think its fine that it is for our group since its local/country wide anyways. And Maybe it should be for people that have been on the forum and contributed on a regular basis say 500 posts? then they have the opportunity to buy this pin. When it comes down to it, it will never be a perfect trustworthy system. There is no such thing... there are always some bad apples in the bunch, here and anywhere. always trust your gut.

ReplyQuote
Adagio
(@adagio)
Reputable Member

I not sure I like the idea of having an eligibility requirement of a certain number of posts (beyond the first 3) in order to get the pin. I will bet there are a fair amount of serious preppers that follow the conversations but are perhaps more private/less talkative than others but still consider themselves part of the community and should be able to get this pin if they wish.

ReplyQuote
(@thecrownsown)
Prominent Member

So is this a go? I'm for a pin, not a button as I can wear it more discretely with a variety of jackets. Buttons and patches are simply "not cool or in style." 🙂

What is the design? And I"m not really caring who gets it. If there are prerequisites or not is totally moot to me as long as a decision is made. 🙂 I don't think anyone will wear it or buy it unless they are interested in prepping. After a SHTF scenario, if your plan isn't already in place, I don't think seeing someone with a pin will make a difference anyways.

What is the status of this? I"m ready to pay...just need the person(s) coordinating this to make the decision and give a total amount owed.

https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738

ReplyQuote
(@girlcancan)
Estimable Member

Got no clue what happened to this idea. Love it so I hope it doesn't die. Maybe do a poll for the design. Who is actually working on this?

ReplyQuote
 gPRS
(@gprs)
Estimable Member

FYI: I'd be interested in a pin as well ... and ... as part of my regular day job, I do some graphics work.
I can easily recreate a high quality version of the CPN graphic - without the words in the outlying ring.

=============================================
Is what you say worth at least a Canadian nickel now?
Cause two cents ain't worth squat anymore !
----
Self-sufficient is good. Co-efficient is better.

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I am looking into this...getting prices and looking into designs.
gPRS...Could you come up with a couple simple ideas?
I think we were leaning towards the lapel pin idea so a black and white would be fine...black for raised portion and white for lower background.
Here is one that I have been using for price quotes lately...

Nothing fancy...just muted metalic about 1/2" diameter.
I think the biggest issue will be distribution though, so anyone with an idea for that please put it forward.

ReplyQuote
 gPRS
(@gprs)
Estimable Member

I will post reduced resolution images when I'm done, Denob. Then I will PM you to get an email address to where I can send hi-res copies.

Is what you say worth at least a Canadian nickel now?
Cause two cents ain't worth squat anymore !
----
Self-sufficient is good. Co-efficient is better.

ReplyQuote
(@northernvvolf)
Estimable Member

Just found this post, and really like the idea. Count my in for one. There is a patch on ebay I have thought about buying for a while now. I found all the symbolism really interesting.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Prepper-Patch-Badge-velcro-subdued-Survival-/310858647637?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item48609e8855

One day, the lowly farmer will be King

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network