April 26, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Hey - what have you been up to?

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
PrepHer
(@prepher)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

It's been quiet on this forum lately so I thought I'd ask how everyone is doing and what you've been up to?

(@alltheworldisastage)

Where are all the preppers? We are in the fight of our life and all the preppers are Where? Bugged out? Anyway I'm looking for people who ( person or a couple) want to rent some off grid land. I got 35 acres .

ReplyQuote
(@learner)
Reputable Member

Have been busy with pickling and jamming all summer for the two farmers markets that we now attend. Also have been busy with the gardens and now with the harvesting as some parts are ready to be dug up and put away for winter.

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

Work, garden, work, firewood, work, relax, work, canning…. Repeat. That kind of modern homesteading stuff. That’s β€œprepping”, right?

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

Ok, so more details…

1) Gardening: it’s been a tough year in AB; dry and hot. I didn’t plant as much variety this year and stuck to basics. The droughts made things tough. I harvest rain water and despite having 4x1000L totes and 3x55Gal drums, I ran out of water pretty fast. Watering large gardens by watering cans is also very time consuming! Everything is behind this year, but baring a very early frost, I should get some very nice squashes this year and the apple trees had a bumper crop, which makes up for the practically non-existent strawberries.

2) House: contracting an extension to the house to create a large mud room and also connecting the house and the detached garage. How’s that a prep? Because it makes my life easier. And also, because I don’t lose has much heat in the winter to get into the vehicles go to work. And I can bring firewood in warm it up to room temps earlier… and…

3) Vehicle: sold the 2012 Suburban and got a 2021 4Runner. The 4Runner can go off roading more efficiently and speaking of efficiency, is more fuel economical. I’ve installed a pretty neat rack system in the back and re-tidied all my emergency gear in the back; very neat layout.

That’s pretty much it for now.

ReplyQuote
(@thecrownsown)
Prominent Member

1)Finishing Emergency Management Course at Ryerson University.

2)Stocking up on food buckets and general preperedness "stuff"

3)Work....the COVID shutdowns merely backlogged the economy. Everything is taking off like a bat out of hell now. So...work is work.Nothing wrong with money. πŸ™‚

https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738

ReplyQuote
(@mamaizzy)
Honorable Member

Hi all. Long time since I have posted anything.
Well the good news is, we moved. I bought a nice house on a little over an acre is Eastern Ontario in the end of 2019 and got moved and settled just before the lockdowns hit. The boys and I love it here. Great location, affordable and I believe I finally found my people.
We have had some great successes but, failed at a lot... lessons learned.
This weekend we cleaned out the woodstove, stacked more wood, I made some insulated curtains for the windows and today we are roasting some pumpkins to make puree and then use that in loaves and cakes! πŸ™‚

ReplyQuote
(@scrounger)
Honorable Member

Mamaizzy,
What would you consider your top 3 successes/failures?

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network