May 16, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

What have you added to your preps this week?

1,377 Posts
161 Users
0 Reactions
190.3 K Views
PrepHer
(@prepher)
Prominent Member

I'm slowly getting things planted: 10 new Serviceberries; 10 Highbush Cranberries today. Yesterday I got some of my veggie garden planted. When I was younger, I could get ALL this and more done in a day!

ReplyQuote
(@farmgal)
Member Moderator

I give my small watermelon plants six by six but that is without adding vertical, big melons get 4 by 4 hills and can run upwards of twelve feet.. if the melons are going on climbers, then yes 2 by 2 is just fine

your tomato plants need at least 2 by 2, I give even more space here at the farm..

http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

ReplyQuote
(@threestorms)
Estimable Member

Ok this one is a bit different

we added 4 of these

Its for indoor fires - filters chemical substances and removes carbon monoxide and toxic gases for up to 5 minutes

I have it for the kids and us.

However i also have them in the car, they are small, light and about 5 inches in length. I can get them on way faster than a gas mask....or while we get our gas masks ready to get on.

I used a code to get 10% off FB10off not sure if it still works
http://mysafetyiq.com/

ReplyQuote
Grouchyprepper
(@grouchyprepper)
Estimable Member

EXP 2019

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

EXP 2019

Would you care to let us know of your source? Expiry date is just a suggestion, I'm sure you're aware.

ReplyQuote
Grouchyprepper
(@grouchyprepper)
Estimable Member

petsmart

This is not an endorsement of this product.
Something that maybe needed at some point .

DYODD

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

Thanks

ReplyQuote
 BOA
(@boa)
Eminent Member

Just purchased another Baofeng radio with whip antenna and extended battery, another cadpat bug out bag and dump pouch...

Cheers,
BOA.

Just remember.... the Boy Scouts have been saying it for years.... Be Prepared!

ReplyQuote
(@warboar)

Hi everyone. I just added bulk ammo, salt, TP. I also split about 5 cords of wood over the weekend.

ReplyQuote
 KenK
(@kenk)

bag of chips which I"m eating now.....

also...

Canned 10 lbs of Chicken and 10 lbs of pork but thats another story 😛

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

Bought a pair of 4-in-1 night lights at Costco (they serve as blackout lights and flash lights... I guess it's 3-in-1????), at half the Amazon listed price.

Also, purchased a new 20 lbs fire extinguisher. Living in the country, with the nearest VFD some 15 kms away, I think I need to do anything I can to edge my bets against an accidental fire.

Survived a fire prevention brief at work last week. Thing I learned though is that dry them fire extinguishers are only good for 12 years (date usually printed under the bottom) but if kept upright - like they usually are - the powder would turn into "concrete" at the bottom well before that date. The good firefighter suggested to give those extinguishers a good rubber mallet "beating" every 6 months or so. Just did this with the 3 I own.

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

I made it to the big city today and got some shopping done. This is from Super Store. Bags of powdered milk. 22 dollars for 2.5 kg, it was 24.00 a bag just a month ago.

They have about half their beans/peas and such on sale. Those yellow stickers say 2 for 5 dollars. The bags are 1.8kgs each( a couple bags 1.6kgs), so that's 3.6 kgs of things ....like black beans,spit peas, chick peas for 5 bucks. Pretty good pricing, haven't seen them that cheap since around 2011-2012

I also realized I have been mixing up Food for Less and Super Store when I have said where I bought things before...its Super Store I usually find the best deals.

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
(@kootenay-kid)
Reputable Member

The closest Super Store we have is 4.5 hours away from us, so we are stuck with The Wholesale Club or No Frills. Of these two, No Frills is 10 to 20% less than the Wholesale Club, on a lot of things; but the large quantity stuff is only available at the WC. When I start to run low on something, I write the cost of what I need in my shopping list notebook on one trip then get what I need the next. I try, sometimes very successfully to beat these guys at their own price game. My last win was on Lemonade powder in a large can. They (I was getting 2) both scanned wrong, so I got one free. Saved me $13.00. I was pleased with that.
Planning a trip to Kelowna in the New Year, so will get to Costco, Super Store, and a big Walmart Super Center. Will do a big stock up then.

ReplyQuote
(@hopeimready)
Reputable Member

Well, for Xmas, my brother in law got me a rifle cleaning rod & Les Stroud's Survive book. I didn't tell him I've already read it -it was from the library so I like having a book like that for permanent reference. My mom renewed my shooting association membership for my birthday 🙂

HopeImReady
"The thing about smart mother f*ckers, is that they sometimes sound like crazy mother f*ckers to dumb mother f*ckers." -Abraham .”

ReplyQuote
(@thecrownsown)
Prominent Member

Fur....

A Fur hat. Its becoming a miserable winter here! 🙂

I've never owned fur before..but now see the allure! It is warm, effective against the wind chill...albeit a tad expensive. But I'm sold on the old fashioned technology and will be adding more fur to my winter garb. If you havn't tried it..I recommend it. You'll never be so warm!

https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738

ReplyQuote
Page 74 / 92
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network